ZWave Door Locks Unreliable with Programs

So...  I've come to really rely on my Universal Devices setup...  I've migrated everything over to an eisy, everything appears to be functioning well...  

What's not working well are my z-wave door locks when tied to programs.  I have a "I'm leaving" program that locks all my deadbolts, and it was rock solid, worked every time with the ISY994, but now, with the eisy, it NEVER locks my deadbolts.  I can control them manually without issue (although sometimes they lag badly - minutes), but the program never locks them.

I created a program that JUST locks them, and that's somewhat reliable from what I can tell, but when I add that program as a step into my original program (and replace the lines that specifically locked them), it again fails to work.

Is this a known issue?

Further investigation shows now that none of my Z-Wave triggers are working either (motion sensor to turn on an Insteon light)...  And many of my Z-Wave devices are now showing disabled...  I haven't touched anything...

Literally everything was working, I've touched nothing, and now things are funky...  This doesn't bode well...  Something so critical really needs to be stable.

Even more investigation...  It appears that the motion generating items are now unpickable in the element picker in the programs...

Guys... WHAT is going on...  You went from a relatively stable device in the ISY, granted Z-Wave has always been a bit of a shit-show, bit man... This is a pretty crappy step back.

Going to try to reboot the eisy and see what happens, but this doesn't bode well.  Am I really going to have to re-add ALL my Z-Wave devices?  Will that even work?

What version of firmware are you on. The latest is v5.6.0 and if you are not on that then you need to update.

Try running Synchronize with interview.

Next, open event viewer, set to level 3, clear the log and operate your Zwave program to lock/unlock your doors. What is in the event viewer? Post it here if you need help interpreting the log.

Next, right click your program name and select copy to clipboard, then paste your program here.

Edited by DennisC
Spelling

I'm on the latest firmware and everything was working just fine...  Then, randomly my programs with z-wave devices stopped working.  I went into the admin console, and the problem Z-Wave devices have disabled nodes...  They were working just fine, but somehow without me changing anything, they became disabled.

In the image below, all the nodes that have a funky name in the far right column were somehow disabled:

image.thumb.png.134b2b3f68c3abbd7d36850169573762.png

I right-clicked and selected "enable" and then the programs started working, but as you can see, the item that ends in " - Motion" has a funky type associated with it, and that actually prevents me from modifying the program, because I can't actually pick that node.

So, it's "working", but it's not exactly ideal.  Tomorrow maybe I will try another interrogation pass on it to see what that does.  Might do that on the door-locks too...

Overall the Insteon devices have been rock solid, but Z-Wave support here on eisy and other universal devices products remains... less than stellar.

Read thru the .igration instructions again to make sure you completed all of the manual intervension that is called for. You must have missed the step that speaks to enabling disabled programs.

You may also need to resave programs to get them working.

Try running the Synchronize with Interview.

It looks like although I did all the steps, I needed to re-do the z-wave synchro ones again... Makes no sense.

EDIT:  I'm also not sure if this is going to fix it either.  Only time will tell.

Edited by JSylvia007

@JSylvia007 if still having issues with such widespread z-wave issues it might be best to open a support ticket with UDI to make sure you're going about the fix correctly. Also, if there are "bugs" or other issues happening that's the only way to report them directly to UDI so maybe they can fix anything that might need fixing moving forward. 

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets/

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Geddy said:

@JSylvia007 if still having issues with such widespread z-wave issues it might be best to open a support ticket with UDI to make sure you're going about the fix correctly. Also, if there are "bugs" or other issues happening that's the only way to report them directly to UDI so maybe they can fix anything that might need fixing moving forward. 

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets/

This is a good point.  I always forget that the official ticket system exists

• Like 1

I have the same issue since moving to ZMatter.  Mine is with an S2 Schlage door lock.  But in my case the programs didn’t work because the communications between the lock and the controller were only one directional meaning the lock would never report it’s status back to Eisy.  It’s not a range issue either, neighbor issue, or anything else, I ruled that out.  So I tried to exclude the lock and include it again and now it’s so messed up I can’t get it to join again.  Worked just fine with ISY 300 and 500, and also with Polisy and Zooz 700.  Since IoP and IoX are almost exactly the same I believe the issue is the USB ZMatter.  I think it’s a bug with ZMatter as it’s the only thing that makes sense right now.  I have no issues with the 35 other ZWave devices in my network.  Just the lock.  And yes I’ve opened a ticket with UDI.