Upgrade Packages Went From 5.4.5 to 5.6.0

btreinders
Go to solution Solved by DennisC,

I did not realize the upgrade packages also updated the IoX firmware.  I was only trying to update PG3.  Now my zwave dongle does not respond which I assume is because 5.6.0 does not support it anymore.  Is this correct?  I can't find a definitive answer.  If so, can I go back to 5.4.5 and if so how can I do that?  With the ISY it was easy but with Polisy I don't see how to downgrade.  Thank you!  (5.4.5 isn't listed in the old software either.  Goes from 5.4.3 to 5.5.0 on the previous release page.)

• Solution
16 minutes ago, btreinders said:

I did not realize the upgrade packages also updated the IoX firmware.  I was only trying to update PG3.  Now my zwave dongle does not respond which I assume is because 5.6.0 does not support it anymore.  Is this correct?  I can't find a definitive answer.  If so, can I go back to 5.4.5 and if so how can I do that?  With the ISY it was easy but with Polisy I don't see how to downgrade.  Thank you!  (5.4.5 isn't listed in the old software either.  Goes from 5.4.3 to 5.5.0 on the previous release page.)

Tell us more about your system, what ZWave dongle are you using?

Firmware version 5.4.5 had a bug that caused the upgrade packages function to get stuck in a loop. 

If you know how to ssh in to Polisy you can verify this is what is happening. If you don't know, you best wait for UD support.

To verify, ssh in to Polisy and type:

sudo uname -a

Post the output here, this will provide the package information.

Next, type:

sudo tail -f /var/udx/logs/log

Then press the multifunction button one time and watch the ssh log you previously started. Check the output to see if the same entries keep repeating.

That makes sense as it never did beep 4 times when I upgraded packages and after about 15 mins I rebooted it with a sudo reboot.  I guess it was just stuck in that loop.  

Zooz 700 USB dongle.

From the uname command:

FreeBSD polisy 13.1-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p4 releng/13.1-n250171-95499                                                                            c45614c POLISY amd64

Looks like the same entries are not repeating, it shows the upgrade is good.

I am guessing now that the USB dongle is still supported?  Thank you!

11 minutes ago, btreinders said:

it shows the upgrade is good.

I am guessing now that the USB dongle is still supported?  Thank you!

Yes,that dongle is still supported, you just won't have ZMatter support once completely implemented.

Glad you are up and running.