Filtering ISY devices in HA

I'd like to filter some devices and node servers from showing up in Home Assistant via the ISY integration module.

Example, I'm using the Elk polyglot node on the ISY and the Elk integration module in HA, so I see two alarm panels. Probably a few other use cases too with other node servers.

I see the integration allows a filter for a string, but only seems to honor one string and not multiple. 

Wildcard or specific node server would be great.

Is this possible?

You can make a folder in the AC and put anything you don't want in HA in that folder.  Then put that folder's name in the HA filter.

In my setup, I have ALL of my nodeservers in a separate folder and I have that folder's name in the HA filter string.

Pretty sure it would be easy enough to disable anything you don't want to use in HA and it will go away.  I don't do this so I'm not absolutely sure.

Yes, the filter string only allows one string.  A shortcoming for many of us.  There is no wildcard either.

• Like 1

This bothered me at first and I asked the developer for more variations and the conclusion was that it had only one string to ignore and there was no plans to change.

But then I made the decision to move all control over to HA and Polisy is functionally equivalent to a Home Assistant Addon now, just like Zigbee2MQTT or ESPHome.

Over time, as I moved all non-insteon stuff over, this became less of an issue. Now on my Polisy there are only 38 Insteon devices left, no programs (except to sync LEDs), variables, network resources etc. and everything else is on HA.  :)

• Like 1

Echoing what @carealtor said above, my suggestion is to use folders for ignoring bulk items and then just disabling or hiding anything else inside Home Assistant at the device or entity settings.

I personally use an ignore string of '[i]' and just have several folders named just that as subfolders in each room/folder to ignore. It's also easy enough to append to a single device/folder if needed.

• Like 1

my favorite ignore string is ~ 

I originally used {hide} which was a shortened easier to type version of mobilinc's default {Hide Me},  So far the ~ hasn't made it to my production system because changing will break a lot of things... but it's about to because when I migrate to eisy in a few weeks I intend to change/fix all the things I wish I done differently since 2015.  ~ has worked well on test systems and I've made the suggestion to several that I know are already using it.

• Like 1