Insteon Lamplinc not reliable after Zmatter migration

Is anyone else having periodic issues with Insteon devices after migrating from Zmatter? I only have one active Lamplinc, it was rock solid until I migrated to Zmatter. It has gotten "lost" several times, i.e. blank status values in AC and not turning on as scheduled, and I either have to query it or restore it before it will respond. Maybe it's just the hardware failing and the timing after migration is a coincidence? The PLM is working OK with turning on an X10 device, it sends X10 commands shortly after turning on Lamplinc.

Right, it doesn't make sense that it would have anything to do with Zmatter but I thought maybe the restore of  the migration backup might have somehow corrupted the Insteon config.  I noticed a similar issue with a second LampLinc showing blank status/on level/ramp rate right after performing the software update to 5.6.2 yesterday.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

OK, same thing again with 5.6.2 firmware and multiple Lamplincs and an Icon on/off module. After an IoX restart, these devices do not respond to any commands until I query them. Once queried, they are fine until the next IoX restart. The IOLinc shows its correct status without a query. Is this the expected behavior?

11 hours ago, landolfi said:

OK, same thing again with 5.6.2 firmware and multiple Lamplincs and an Icon on/off module. After an IoX restart, these devices do not respond to any commands until I query them. Once queried, they are fine until the next IoX restart. The IOLinc shows its correct status without a query. Is this the expected behavior?

Are you trying to send simple on or off commands, or are you using something like UD Mobile, or Alexa? The query program on startup set the state of light in IoX, and I found that a switch was in and unknown state I could not control using those methods.

Just now, brians said:

Are you trying to send simple on or off commands, or are you using something like UD Mobile, or Alexa? The query program on startup set the state of light in IoX, and I found that a switch was in and unknown state I could not control using those methods.

I'm sending a simple ON through an ISY program, but the way I discovered this was my evening lights on program didn't work for Insteon devices and that's when I discovered all the Insteon devices except IOLinc had no status in AC and wouldn't accept even a simple ON command until I queried them.

3 minutes ago, landolfi said:

I'm sending a simple ON through an ISY program, but the way I discovered this was my evening lights on program didn't work for Insteon devices and that's when I discovered all the Insteon devices except IOLinc had no status in AC and wouldn't accept even a simple ON command until I queried them.

What happens when you manually turn on/off the lamplinc, does it report status to AC?

What about sending a fast on?

23 hours ago, landolfi said:

Come to think of it, when this has happened before it seems to me a Fast On worked.

It is possible that IoX and Admin Console require a state (query does this) before it will turn it on or off. Considering you migrated to ZMatter maybe there is something wrong with some of your ZWave devices not responding which causes IoX to go a bit brain-dead and sluggish.... therefore query may be hung on these during a reboot. How many ZWave devices do you have? Open AC and look at lower left and see if there is lots of activity (ie. system busy) after a restart.

Sounds to me like you are running only three Insteon devices... two lamplincs and an IOLinc. Just make sure your query on restart is working.

1 hour ago, MrBill said:

I was just about to write a post asking about that..    @landolfi it's in the "configuration" tab of the admin console.

I have about 30 Zwave devices. I do not see any activity in AC when I start up, Ready is there when it appears, but I noticed Query at Restart was unchecked. That explains what that is for. Thanks!

• Like 1