Insteon I/O Linc

scote

Hi,

I have an Insteon I/O linc that I am using on a garage door.  When the relay status is off in the UD Mobile App, I click ON and the door opens fine.  To close the door, I have to click OFF and then ON to get it to close.  Any suggestions on how I can make the ON button open and/or close the door?  My insteon device is set to Momentary B.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi @scote,

Are you referring to the UD Mobile toggle or the buttons "on" and "off".  Due momentary setting you may need a workaround.

The door should open/close when ever the "on" button is pressed.  Is this correct?

The toggle will only send the "on" command if the status is "off".   Is this correct?

If you are using Favorites then edit the favorite to type command then add a command which turns this device "on".  Now when pressing the favorite the "on" command is sent every time.

See the custom toggle for an example of how to setup a Favorite Command Type.  This situation is simple so no Program is needed. https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=UD_Mobile#Favorite_Custom_Toggle

HI,

Yes, I would like the door to open/close when the "on" button is pressed.

Yes, the toggle only sends the "on" command when the status is "off".

I set the favorite to type command but it still does not work.  With the link you send, do I have to create a program?   

1 hour ago, scote said:

I created a program to set the relay status to "off" after every click. That works fine.  Is there a way in UD Mobile to set it to "off" without a program?  

Yes,  a Favorite of type "Command" then in the Commands section add a new command to set the device off.   This will trigger the off command on every press.  

Sorry for the confusion but these hard devices are hard to work with. 

There is a relay that controls opening and closing.

There is a sensor that shows the status of the open/close. "Off" = "Open" and "ON" = "Closed".  

I have a program that sets the relay to "OFF" after every click.  That works on one door. For some reason the same program does not fire when I click the button in UD mobile for the second door.  I resynch etc and the program still does not work for the second door.

When for the second door, I try the command, it sets the relay to OFF but it does not open or close the door.  I am doing something wrong there.   If I can get the second program working, things would work fine.

Thank you for your help with this issue!

• 4 months later...
On 7/5/2023 at 9:23 AM, Javi said:

Yes,  a Favorite of type "Command" then in the Commands section add a new command to set the device off.   This will trigger the off command on every press.  

Does this take the place of the I/Olinc then? I have one that isn’t being detected by my ISY994i. 

1 hour ago, ritchcc said:

Does this take the place of the I/Olinc then? I have one that isn’t being detected by my ISY994i. 

This process Links 2 or more nodes/programs/etc to a single tile.

If a device is not working/communicating this process will not work.

3 hours ago, ritchcc said:

The I/OLinc is a power line only module. If you have a new noise maker on the power lines or a device sucking up the power line signal. You can get no communication to it. If you have a spare dual band module. You could test communications with it in the pass through outlet on the front of the I/OLinc.

Another thought is a filter capacitor. That module also has a switching power supply and has the same problem like the PLMs have had.

• Like 1