Zigbee - Confirmed Working Thread

ShawnW

Zigbee - Confirmed Working Thread (Please post here zigbee items that are working for you in IoX) - So the rest of us new to Zigbee know what items we can look at for ourselves. Personally, I'd love to see any Colour Changing Light Bulbs or Strips feedback. 
Thanks all!
Shawn

I ordered Sengled ( E11-N1EAW_2PK ) from Amazon for testing. I needed replacement for zwave color bulb.

It added to Polisy without any issues. Light fixture was within 30 ft of the polisy. I am just using Green and Red for indication for all doors closed.

Just an observation:

The Hue and Saturation settings only show in the action area. ( not in the program line )image.thumb.png.ad1d41b5f8d7fcb522742fb03a98f0af.png

The zwave bulb would show settings in the progam line.

Example         Set 'Door Status Dimmer Light / Door Status Color Light' Warm White 0, Cold White 0, Red 0, Green 255, Blue 0,

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, saninberg said:

It added to Polisy without any issues. Light fixture was within 30 ft of the polisy. I am just using Green and Red for indication for all doors closed.

Just curious.

Are you using the internal ZMatter module or the USB version?

Also, what does the AC Main Tab display look like? I'm interested in the control switches and fields that are exposed.

thanks.

8 hours ago, saninberg said:

I am using the internal ZMatter module

image.png.162348dc7e360e80e2179faa1cea74eb.png

image.thumb.png.8938acce9ce3380315db59b5f1bc9005.png

image.thumb.png.d67326b4963f1bd07b9185519d55b2dc.png

Hi @saninberg

Ok, a bit ironic but I ordered the exact same Sengled bulbs but got the 4 pack. However, I've tried 2 now and I can't get to where you get - I only get them to add as an On-Off Switch - no colour or Hue/Saturation nodes at all. I've tried so many things but never anything different. Any thoughts? 

In your 2-pack, did you get the Hub as well? and did you need the hub for it to work right? My 4-Pack was JUST the bulbs as I thought the point was to not need anything else. Either way, I DO NEED colour changing ability or these are useless to me. Right now I can only turn them on/off and dim them. They are connected in a simple lamp directly to a simple dumb wall outlet. It's 3 feet from my Polisy.

Any advice anyone can offer would be great. 

Running IoX v.5.6.3 on Polisy Internal ZMatter as well. 

ShawnW

I just got the 2 bulbs ( no hub ).

I just added the 2nd bulb. I did it within 5 feet of the polisy.

It added without and issue.

Observation .....the addressing doesn't seem to be following any order and this one listed the switch first and then the Hue/Saturation.

image.png.d198fdc0c8c0affce3bea577512ba376.png

10 hours ago, vbPhil said:

Just curious.

Are you using the internal ZMatter module or the USB version?

Also, what does the AC Main Tab display look like? I'm interested in the control switches and fields that are exposed.

thanks.

In case you weren't aware, there is no difference between the modules. The internal is what's used inside the USB enclosure 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2023 at 10:33 AM, saninberg said:

I am using the internal ZMatter module

image.thumb.png.d67326b4963f1bd07b9185519d55b2dc.png

Do you mind me asking what Zigbee On-Off switch you have installed and working (pictured above from your post) and where you bought it? The two I have, I can only get one added to the eisy and it only "supports" "Query" and clicking query gives no response. I would love to add a Zigbee On-Off plugs that actually work until they can add support for all of them.

6 minutes ago, ShawnW said:

THAT.... is stupid-cheap, even in Canada. Definitely looking to some money savings when this gets fully developed. 

Yeah, but does it dim? If it were a dimmer, then it'd be exciting for me.

On 7/30/2023 at 11:49 PM, bgrubb1 said:

I just got mine yesterday. Amazon screwed up so it took longer. I can confirm that this On-Off power switch DOES work with the eisy and Z-Matter. I can finally stop having to access the Hubitat just to control a Zigbee power plug. I plugged it in, set the eisy to add a Zigbee device and it added immediately.

• Like 2
On 8/4/2023 at 9:39 PM, Riggins44 said:

I just got mine yesterday. Amazon screwed up so it took longer. I can confirm that this On-Off power switch DOES work with the eisy and Z-Matter. I can finally stop having to access the Hubitat just to control a Zigbee power plug. I plugged it in, set the eisy to add a Zigbee device and it added immediately.

I have one of these using in HA, they are a bit slow response back to the controller (if you turn on locally) vs. a Sonoff S1, but they are a bit cheaper, have more features like energy monitoring and ability to set the power on state. Also the LED is not as bright which may be desirable. Do the energy monitoring nodes appear in IoX eg. Voltage, Current, kWh etc. ? Can you set power on level eg. on/off/previous state?

On 7/16/2023 at 4:36 PM, ShawnW said:

Hi @saninberg

Ok, a bit ironic but I ordered the exact same Sengled bulbs but got the 4 pack. However, I've tried 2 now and I can't get to where you get - I only get them to add as an On-Off Switch - no colour or Hue/Saturation nodes at all. I've tried so many things but never anything different. Any thoughts? 

In your 2-pack, did you get the Hub as well? and did you need the hub for it to work right? My 4-Pack was JUST the bulbs as I thought the point was to not need anything else. Either way, I DO NEED colour changing ability or these are useless to me. Right now I can only turn them on/off and dim them. They are connected in a simple lamp directly to a simple dumb wall outlet. It's 3 feet from my Polisy.

Any advice anyone can offer would be great. 

Running IoX v.5.6.3 on Polisy Internal ZMatter as well. 

Hi @ShawnW

Did you ever get the color node to appear?  I'm having the same issue where I only get the On-Off Switch.  Same bulbs as you.  Running IoX 5.6.3 on EISY.

7 hours ago, Mr. B said:

Hi @ShawnW

Did you ever get the color node to appear?  I'm having the same issue where I only get the On-Off Switch.  Same bulbs as you.  Running IoX 5.6.3 on EISY.

Hi @Mr. B

Not yet. Michel came on this forum and told me to submit a ticket, which I did about a week or 2 later. I waited several days for them to set up a remote session but then I went on vacation. Given the list of "amateur" first-suggestions they gave me, I would guess that they do not know what the issue is. I will be back from vaca on Monday and will pursue them again for an appt. I can update here when that happens and the results. Cheers!

Shawn

On 8/9/2023 at 12:35 PM, brians said:

I have one of these using in HA, they are a bit slow response back to the controller (if you turn on locally) vs. a Sonoff S1, but they are a bit cheaper, have more features like energy monitoring and ability to set the power on state. Also the LED is not as bright which may be desirable. Do the energy monitoring nodes appear in IoX eg. Voltage, Current, kWh etc. ? Can you set power on level eg. on/off/previous state?

No energy monitoring. No voltage, etc. There is a power selection but it is merely 0% or 100%.

On 7/16/2023 at 9:18 AM, saninberg said:

I ordered Sengled ( E11-N1EAW_2PK ) from Amazon for testing. I needed replacement for zwave color bulb.

Just an observation:

The Hue and Saturation settings only show in the action area. ( not in the program line )image.thumb.png.ad1d41b5f8d7fcb522742fb03a98f0af.png

The zwave bulb would show settings in the progam line.

Example         Set 'Door Status Dimmer Light / Door Status Color Light' Warm White 0, Cold White 0, Red 0, Green 255, Blue 0,

I too have a Sengled Zigbee RGBW bulb which I added since upgrading to 5.6.4. I had been using it successfully to turn on and change colors since Monday, but today it has become unresponsive. I tried New and Deleted with Interview without success. Anyone else having issues?

EDIT: I also couldn't remove any of the Zigbee nodes using Remove Zigbee device, all of them had slashed circles. Deleted the devices with right click/Delete rather than Remove Zigbee device. I have disabled Zigbee for now and opened a ticket.

Edited by landolfi
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2023 at 12:35 PM, brians said:

Sorry. Haven't been on the forum for a while .. on my Admin Console, it does not show voltage or current or kWh. It merely shows On/Off status.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2023 at 3:14 PM, Mr. B said:

Hi @ShawnW

Hi @Mr. B

Just wanted to update your question from last month. I was never able to coordinate with Support on getting my issue resolved HOWEVER, as you likely already know, there were obviously others who did as the 5.7.0 Update to IOX specifically fixed this issue for me and they mentioned it specifically in that documentation. If you are still having the issue I would update to 5.7.0 (sounds like most of the other issues have been cleaned up, but it's still Beta of course...). 

Thanks!

Shawn

32 minutes ago, ShawnW said:

Hi @Mr. B

Just wanted to update your question from last month. I was never able to coordinate with Support on getting my issue resolved HOWEVER, as you likely already know, there were obviously others who did as the 5.7.0 Update to IOX specifically fixed this issue for me and they mentioned it specifically in that documentation. If you are still having the issue I would update to 5.7.0 (sounds like most of the other issues have been cleaned up, but it's still Beta of course...). 

Thanks!

Shawn

@ShawnW,

My bad for not coming back on this forum and updating you.  I did open a ticket on this and one of the log files they requested from me led the developers to find the bug and include a fix in the 5.7.0 release.  I've got the color nodes for all my Sengled bulbs now and am using them!  Appreciate the follow-up!

-Mark-

On 8/16/2023 at 4:41 PM, landolfi said:

I too have a Sengled Zigbee RGBW bulb which I added since upgrading to 5.6.4. I had been using it successfully to turn on and change colors since Monday, but today it has become unresponsive. I tried New and Deleted with Interview without success. Anyone else having issues?

I'm quoting myself because this same Sengled RGBW bulb became unresponsive today with 5.7.0 after working for over a month. I decided to delete it and move it to Home Assistant where I already have Zigbee devices running.

• 3 weeks later...