Network resource for Occupancy nodeserver

TexMike

Hi @Javi, I just finished migrating from ISY to IOP and need to reconfigure occupancy. I was using UDMobile to directly set the occupancy nodeserver node status based on geofence. I'm not sure what changed, but now occupancy nodes seem to be read only from IoX and UDMobile. I would like to continue to use the occupancy nodeserver for multiple reasons. It handles "all away" and "anyone home" logic, all my programming is set up to use it and the kids iPhones are using locative and it works. My wife and I are on Android using UDMobile and I know I could set the kids up on UDMobile with restrictions, but locative just works and I'd prefer to just leave it as is. 

I thought of setting up a network resource for UDMobile to trigger https://my.isy.io/api/location/key/report/in or out based on geofence, but I can't seem to get the network resource to work. I tried to follow your notification Wiki example, without success. Could you please show me the proper network resource configuration?

I know this adds another network operation, but can't think of another way using the occupancy nodeserver. If you have a more elegant solution, I'm all ears.

PS: Excited to try the notification nodeserver now that my configuration supports it.

Thanks, Mike

@TexMike,

I don't believe the Portal Occupancy Node Server has changed in quite a while.  There are 2 versions, looks like Version 2 has On and Off commands in AC.   You may need to synchronize UD Mobile after the Nodes are installed for the commands to become available in UDM's Geofence command selection.

If I understand correctly the version 2 only works via an obsolete app. I'm using the Occupancy server which allows updates via https://my.isy.io/api/location/key/report/in or out. However, after the new installation on IoX the nodes seem to be read only even from AC. See below. 

image.thumb.png.6f60bd011185fd16e785610824507b8d.png

I've never used this integration, so it is possible it was different at one point. Maybe @bmercier knows if anything changed.

As far as I can tell V2.0 is almost the same as V1.0.  You can click the expand button to get the enter and Exit urls and use the same way with locative.

• 1 month later...

Same situation here with wanting to use Occupancy 2.0. I upgraded from Polisy to eISY and I configured in ISY portal. I have nodes in IoX (5.7.0) with On and Off, although I'm not sure what On and Off mean in this context. Anyway, both Locative and ISY portal accurately reflect going in and out of geofence, but IoX doesn't seem to get updated, it is always showing True even when I'm away. Any ideas what could be wrong?

EDIT: I realized after posting this that it's probably in the wrong place. @admin (@Geddy?), please move as appropriate. I put it here because it was the only recent reference to Occupancy 2.0 I could find.

Edited by landolfi

On is inside geofence, Off is outside. Using UDmobile configure the Occupancy 2.0 nodes to on for entering geofence and off for exit. For Locative click on the blue box/arrow for each device in the portal to get the URL's for report in/out and use those to configure Locative. Wife and I use Android and kids iPhones and it all plays well together.

Thanks for the reply. My question is specifically how to get Locative to change the IoX node status. Locative is using the ISY portal URLs and the portal correctly shows in and out of geofence but the admin console never updates for some reason.

Edited by landolfi
3 hours ago, landolfi said:

Thanks for the reply. My question is specifically how to get Locative to change the IoX node status. Locative is using the ISY portal URLs and the portal correctly shows in and out of geofence but the admin console never updates for some reason.

I use the regular Ocupancy in the portal so I don't know if this applies but did you setup the configuration in the portal and upload the node definitions?  I know when that needed to be done for me it would show the light bulb and I have had updates that required me to upload the node definitions again.

To debug, use the occupancy portal URL's in a browser to manually report in/out if that works you know the issue is with Locative, if it does not then you know it's the portal/nodeserver configuration. My occupancy 2.0 nodes show in the AC with a motion sensor icon.

P.S. I just rebooted after the disabled programs update and wanted to highlight another feature of using the Occupancy 2.0 nodeserver. Geofence status is held on the portal, so my run on reboot program queries the nodes and gets correct geofence status for all phones. So, in addition to handling the logic for anyone home and all away, it gets accurate current status on reboots.

Edited by TexMike
update
4 hours ago, TexMike said:

if it does not then you know it's the portal/nodeserver configuration.

It’s definitely the portal config, it’s not updating. This is after I decided to try starting over. So here’s what I’ve done:

1. Created and uploaded node definition.

2. Created a geofence and a device and assigned the device to the geofence.

3. Copied the in and out geofence URLs and pasted them into GET on Locative (but maybe this should be POST?)

I noticed there is a link to generate a PIN for UD Mobile but I don’t see any place to enter it in UD Mobile, so maybe that’s obsolete?

Anything else I need to do?

I'm definitely using 2.0, but the PIN looks like a relic of a previous UD Mobile version.

Something is definitely wrong with my Locative setup, because the ISY Portal and admin console will update properly if I send the in and out URLs from a browser, so thanks for that tip. I'm copying and pasting the URL twice to get it into Locative, so something may be getting lost in translation or I'm picking up some extraneous characters.

I checked the teenagers iPhones when they finally got out of bed. They are using GET and I copy the URL's from the portal and text it to their phones and past into Locative. 

Have you considered using UDMobile instead of Locative? I don't use iPhone, but I've seen good feedback from iPhone users on the forums. Locative works fine on the kids iPhones, so I've never pursued it.

Edited by TexMike
update
1 hour ago, TexMike said:

I checked the teenagers iPhones when they finally got out of bed. They are using GET and I copy the URL's from the portal and text it to their phones and past into Locative. 

Have you considered using UDMobile instead of Locative? I don't use iPhone, but I've seen good feedback from iPhone users on the forums. Locative works fine on the kids iPhones, so I've never pursued it.

Thanks again for the help. In the process of copying the portal URL, pasting it into an email, copying it out of email, then pasting into Locative, it was getting corrupted and the notification from Locative sent into space. So for anyone having this problem in the future, do the copying of the URL in your phone browser and paste directly to Locative. It apparently doesn't matter whether it's GET or POST, I'm using POST and occupancy works fine also.

I wanted to use Locative mainly so I could set it up for my wife and leave it alone. I'm afraid she'll get confused or worse if she has any ability to use the UD app.