Davis WeatherLink API v2 node server available in beta store.

bpwwer

• 3 weeks later...

Those errors occur when the communication between the plug-in and the MQTT broker are disrupted.   We did identify an issue where a plug-in could cause this internally.  The fix for that issue was released a few days ago.

However, there are many other ways that the communication can be disrupted that are not internal to the plug-in and cannot be resolved by plug-in authors or the interface library.   That being said, I've been running this plug-in for about 4 weeks now with the fix and I've not seen a single issue.

When something happens at the same time every day, it is usually something external to the plug-in that's causing that disruption.  I.E. router reboot, dhcp server restart, etc.

The reality is that those types of events effect your entire network, but it may just be the UDI system that notices them and reports it as an issue.  

The plug-in's are working correctly.  They log the network error and then re-establish the connection and continue working as if nothing had happened.   The only reason you even know that this happened is because we make use of the MQTT broker's built in facility to notify PG3 when a client (plug-in) connects and disconnects.  We do that so that PG3 can send out notifications and set the plug-in status appropriately.