Sengled LED Bulb How to set Colors

pkauf

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2023 at 4:58 PM, BoydG said:

Were you able to find anything on this?  I would love an explanation of this screen.  I've tinkered with putting in values and got it to change color, but have no idea what i'm doing.

Hi @pkauf and @BoydG,

Please see my screenshot below. 

Each Red rectangle has dropdowns you can set and a button (only one in each red rectangle) to execute those dropdown settings. Each Red rectangle is basically a slight variation of the same thing - Every Red Rectangle sets the lightbulb to a set of (up to) 4 parameters:

1) Hue - this is the colour from 0' to 360' (just experiment - it's just a colour wheel in a circle with Red being both 0 degrees and 360 degrees. 

2) Saturation - this is simply a "dilution" of the colour from pure white (0%) through to full colour (chosen by the Hue) at 100% - again, just experiment and you will see

3) Time - SOME of the functions (Red Rectangles) can change the bulb colour over a time interval, particularly the ones with "Steps per Second" with a 'step' being 1 degree of Hue change (for example) or using Duration and "Direction".

4) Direction - Simply means taking the long way or the short way around the 360 degrees of Hue wheel.

As a summary - focus on the Red Rectangles - each Rectangle contents are an independent action you can apply to your bulb - these 7 Rectangles really should have been on their own page or node for clarity. 
EACH RED RECTANGLE IS AN INDEPENDENT ACTION YOU CAN SET (dropdowns) AND START (Button) and has nothing to do with the settings in the other Red Rectangles. Hit the Button and it will execute the settings in that same Red Rectangle (only).

Lastly, don't forget you can also do the traditional Dim of the bulb as well however this is on the On-Off Node, not this Node under discussion. Most of these functions are also available in Programs as well in the traditional ISY way. 

Shawn

2023-09-25 Zigbee Sengled Colour-Hue-Sat Node.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@ShawnW Good explanation.  Have you figured out how to get the bulb back full white brightness?  When you first plug in the bulb, it is much brighter, warm light.  When I move the situation back to zero, the light is on the blue side and not very bright.  If you use the identify on the ON-OFF node for 5 seconds or so, you will see what I mean.