Suggestions for making it easier for new users

nowandthen

1. Make a how to, or if one exists, make the link to it a sticky at the top of the eisy forum. You need a better setup routine. The app on the phone is super slow, or the eisy is busy and it's not known to the user. Do something to improve the setup experience. You guys know the system too well. Try to put yourself in the shoes of a new user with little-to-no experience with your product.

2. Update your wiki so it shows eisy. It only shows isy994. I like the desktop app, but looking for eisy found nothing, so I took a chance and

3. Your firmware update page only lists the updates and what changed. There is no link to the latest firmware. I searched and couldn't find a link to the latest version. Why not provide a link in the post?

I ended up downloading the isy994 console. I guess that will work.

• Like 2

Here's the eisy user guide from the UDI Wiki

Eisy:User Guide - Universal Devices, Inc. Wiki (universal-devices.com)

In the forum, subscribe to "Current Release Announcements, then you'll receive the firmware update notices.

Current Release Announcements

Release Announcements for all platforms. Click the "FOLLOW" button and setup forum notifications to receive emails or forum notifications when New Release Announcements/Posts are published. 

Edited by Techman

Thank you for the reply.  Does that mean that my notifications from US Mobile will not work until I upgrade to EISY?  I mean when I poke on notifications on the US Mobile app, I get this message that I need firmware version 5.6.2.

29 minutes ago, Jimini said:

Thank you for the reply.  Does that mean that my notifications from US Mobile will not work until I upgrade to EISY?  I mean when I poke on notifications on the US Mobile app, I get this message that I need firmware version 5.6.2.

ISY 994 can not upgrade past v5.3.4 or 5.0.16c, depending on if you are using Zwave and which board you have.

Edited by DennisC
Clarification
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Jimini said:

I have a 994i/IR PRO with the Z-wave module but I have never added any Z-wave devices.  For the actual board number, I will have to look for that.

Doesn't really matter, if you want to use node server and/or native notification support in UD Mobile, you will need to upgrade to eisy.

You can not install v5 6.2 firmware on an ISY 994.

• Like 1