Need help with firmware upgrade

Jimini

I apologize for being an intermittent ISY jockey so don’t exercise my ISY often enough to keep all this current in my head.  I’m getting a message from UD Mobile saying that I need to upgrade my firmware to 5.6.2, but I cannot find instructions on where to find the firmware file to install.  I’m think that installing amounts finding the right file and opening it in response to the “manually upgrade ISY” command under the console help menu.  

@Jimini if running Polisy or eisy the process is simple:

• Open admin console and log in
  • click on configuration tab
  • click “upgrade packages”
  • allow the pop up to remain on the screen
  • Another pop up should appear after the process runs suggesting to reboot
  • click “reboot” button
  • while system is rebooting clear Java cache (checking all 3 boxes)
  • download new start.jnlp from wiki or UDI Site (click on My ISY)
  • run start.jnlp to put new IoX launcher on desktop 

Should be able to run IoX Launcher and your device should be found. If it doesn’t then try adding manually with IP or qualified name (see wiki for more info of adding manually)

Once logged back into admin console check Help -> About to confirm firmware updated.

Support for the ISY was discontinued as it reached end of life. The last, and most current firmware is 5.3.4.

Being that the ISY is discontinued it will not support some of the newer features that were released after it was discontinued.

5.3.4 (ISY994) - Last release for ISY994 - Current Release Announcements - Universal Devices Forum (universal-devices.com)

If you want to stay current then you'll have to upgrade to the latest hardware, which is the EISY.