"My Notifications" bug (or is it?) and UD Mobile failure to update PG3x to 3.2.5

kaplansa

I recently performed a firmware update using UD Mobile to update my eISY (and PG3) to IoX 5.7.0 and PG3x 3.2.5.  IoX successfully upgraded to 5.7.0, but according to the PG3 dashboard, it's still at 3.2.4.

To make matters worse, when I click "My Notifications" (which is beta) in the UD Mobile app (on my iPhone 14 running iOS 16.6.1), I get an error message in UD Mobile (screen shot attached).  The next screen asks you if you want to reboot.  If you say "yes", it will reboot. If you say "Cancel", you'll go right back to the same "Upgrade Status" error screen.  It's an infinite loop within the app from here.  You have to swipe and close the app, never to return to the My Notifications screen or go through this again.  

So I've got two problems now - how to force PG3 to update to 3.2.5, and this infinite loop problem using My Notifications in the app.  

Thanks!

IMG_6969.PNG

IMG_6970.PNG

1 hour ago, kaplansa said:

I recently performed a firmware update using UD Mobile to update my eISY (and PG3) to IoX 5.7.0 and PG3x 3.2.5.  IoX successfully upgraded to 5.7.0, but according to the PG3 dashboard, it's still at 3.2.4.

To make matters worse, when I click "My Notifications" (which is beta) in the UD Mobile app (on my iPhone 14 running iOS 16.6.1), I get an error message in UD Mobile (screen shot attached).  The next screen asks you if you want to reboot.  If you say "yes", it will reboot. If you say "Cancel", you'll go right back to the same "Upgrade Status" error screen.  It's an infinite loop within the app from here.  You have to swipe and close the app, never to return to the My Notifications screen or go through this again.  

So I've got two problems now - how to force PG3 to update to 3.2.5, and this infinite loop problem using My Notifications in the app.  

Thanks!

IMG_6969.PNG

IMG_6970.PNG

Typically, after an update of firmware and PG3, you need to reboot to complete the process. Then when you sign in to PG3 you will see a notice at the bottom of the screen that PG3 needs to be restarted.

Try rebooting again and see if that clears up your issue.

11 hours ago, GSutherland said:

I am also having the same problem with PG3 needing to update to 3.2.5

please update all of us to the fix

I take it 3.2.4 is the latest (as of this post)?  Thanks for explaining it.  The only thing that seems affected by the bug is the My Notifications section of the UD Mobile app.  Suggest that while you're fixing the naming conflict, you might fix the UD Mobile app so that "cancel" returns to the main screen. It's minor.  Thanks for explaining it to me.  Best of luck. Cheers.