Migrating a ISY944 5.0.16C to an eisy (with Z-Wave)

PLCGuy

I'm working on migrating from my old workhorse ISY944 to a shiny new eisy with the ZMatter Dongle. I have been stuck at 5.0.16C for a while because I have a 300 Series Z-Wave board, and while Michel was very generous in offering to help get me a loaner 500 Series Z-Wave board, I decided it would be simpler to do a restore from a 5.0.16 back up to the eisy and rebuild my Z-Wave network from scratch. 

Now I've completed a restore from a 5.0.16 backup to the eisy, and that went pretty well. And I was about to manually remove all my Z-Wave devices from my ISY994 and add each to my eisy. However, I noticed that all the restored programs in my eisy that reference Z-Wave devices are pretty much a mess. This is more of an issue as some are relatively complex, and frankly, I don't remember all the details of creating them (yes, I'm guilty of some pretty poor documentation in my old ISY logic). 

So, I was wondering if I could use the "Shift Primary to another Controller" option I see in the ISY's menu to move my old 300 Z-Wave network to the new eisy, or is that just asking for trouble?

Finally, I remember using a text editor to do bulk edits to some 50 ISY programs about a decade ago. That could also solve my Z-Wave program migration challenges. However, I don't remember how I did that. Can someone remind me? 

Thanks

5 hours ago, PLCGuy said:

I'm working on migrating from my old workhorse ISY944 to a shiny new eisy with the ZMatter Dongle. I have been stuck at 5.0.16C for a while because I have a 300 Series Z-Wave board, and while Michel was very generous in offering to help get me a loaner 500 Series Z-Wave board, I decided it would be simpler to do a restore from a 5.0.16 back up to the eisy and rebuild my Z-Wave network from scratch. 

Now I've completed a restore from a 5.0.16 backup to the eisy, and that went pretty well. And I was about to manually remove all my Z-Wave devices from my ISY994 and add each to my eisy. However, I noticed that all the restored programs in my eisy that reference Z-Wave devices are pretty much a mess. This is more of an issue as some are relatively complex, and frankly, I don't remember all the details of creating them (yes, I'm guilty of some pretty poor documentation in my old ISY logic). 

So, I was wondering if I could use the "Shift Primary to another Controller" option I see in the ISY's menu to move my old 300 Z-Wave network to the new eisy, or is that just asking for trouble?

Finally, I remember using a text editor to do bulk edits to some 50 ISY programs about a decade ago. That could also solve my Z-Wave program migration challenges. However, I don't remember how I did that. Can someone remind me? 

Thanks

In my opinion, your best bet would be to copy your programs to the clipboard and paste them to a text document, then Factor reset your Zwave devices and add them to eisy.

When you add the Zwave dongle to eisy, the Zwave naming convention changes, hence each Zwave address will change requiring manual intervention anyway.

Having a text copy of each program should simplify creating the programs on eisy. I feel this process will be cleaner and less painful then troubleshooting something that may or may not work.

Not even sure if transferring controller is an option in eisy?