Multiple Hue Hubs

RMichael

What is the best way to have multiple Hue hubs when using ex-kings Hue Polyglot?

Should I 

1.) Run multiple instances of the Hue Polyglot.

2.) Run multiple Hue Hubs through a single Polyglot instant.

3.) Recommendation door others.

Please provide direction on how to proceed and instruction on how to do it.

Thanks

@RMichael my first question would be why do you have multiple hue hubs? Can't a lot of devices connect to a single hub and most devices act as repeaters for good/great mesh coverage of hue signal? You must have a massive hue investment if you've tapped out what a hub can handle. 

Since the node is a little finicky you might be better having multiple instances of the node server in different slots and one hub per node server. 

But not having multiple hubs myself I'm not sure if it will achieve what you're trying to do. 

Otherwise, you should be able to identify/link multiple bridges following the setup in the config document for the node server: (The "more info" link is still broken on this node server entry in the store.)

https://github.com/exking/udi-hue-pg3/blob/master/POLYGLOT_CONFIG.md

• bridges - this should be set to the list of Hue bridges if you have multiple you would like to be able to control, for example: ["10.0.1.1","10.0.2.1"]

Make sure each hub has an IP/DHCP reservation on your router! They need to stay at the IP you enter so the node server and then IoX know where the bridges are at all times.

• Thanks 1

Philips recommends no more than 50 Hue lamps on a single Hue Bridge. I currently have over 80 installed.

From the Hue Bridge Buying Guide: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.philips-hue.com%2Fen-us%2Fproducts%2Fsmart-light-accessories%2Fhue-bridge-buying-guide&data=05%7C01%7C%7Ce1367232a0f148d6dac508dbd1d00b09%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C638334463701965382%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=m%2FZKHqIQYCjx5uQG3DfN0SrJUXNLe560F3cpjY5g4VY%3D&reserved=0

I tend to agree that the best approach might be to run multiple instances of the node server.

Do you have any experience with the IP address changing in the Hue Bridge and the pg3 no longer being able to communicate with it? Any known fix.

Thanks for responding!

14 hours ago, RMichael said:

Do you have any experience with the IP address changing in the Hue Bridge and the pg3 no longer being able to communicate with it? Any known fix.

Yes, I had an issue with it when I first got Hue and ran the old Hue Node Server on PG2. Onetime I had a long power outage and when things came back up the IP address changed and it was a pain to reset. 

Set a DHCP reservation on the router so the bridge is essentially static. It is also suggested to set a DHCP reservation for the Polisy. 

• 3 months later...