EISY Initializing System Takes A Looooong Time

DualBandAid
Go to solution Solved by Michel Kohanim,

Old ISY user here. Ten years plus. About 35 devices. I started over from scratch at a new house with an EISY. Every change I get the "Initializing System" - as usual. What is unusual is how long it takes - and how many times it happens. This occurred from the jump - with an EISY and just a few devices. Thoughts?

12 hours ago, DualBandAid said:

Old ISY user here. Ten years plus. About 35 devices. I started over from scratch at a new house with an EISY. Every change I get the "Initializing System" - as usual. What is unusual is how long it takes - and how many times it happens. This occurred from the jump - with an EISY and just a few devices. Thoughts?

I had this happen several times and submitted a ticket for the problem.  I resolved it before a response.

Check to see if the z-wave and zigbee tabs work properly in the AC. 

Are you using a USB hub?

I my case the USB hub was the problem, simply changing the USB port on the hub fixed it.

Why it happens, not sure.

1 hour ago, mmb said:

Check to see if the z-wave and zigbee tabs work properly in the AC. 

I am just using the off the shelf EISY. I have installed no additional hardware. Or is your suggestion not relevant to what I just said?

No USB hub. Just an ethernet connection into a switch. Though now that I have done some research, I see that the box can be connected to my network via Wi-Fi. I wonder if that will speed things up. Though I would guess it would slow things down.