After Node Server reinstall, server is not starting.

leonpc
Go to solution Solved by Michel Kohanim,

I had the Kasa Node Server installed but added two devices.  While adding the devices I named it for a location but decided to change the names of the devices.  After the change I stopped and started the NS and the change still did not display.  Yes I have the change_node_names parameter set.

I then reinstalled the node server from the node store into the same slot.  Now the node server does not want to start and in the logs I see the following error scrolling every 10 to 15 seconds:

2023-11-04 15:03:23,799 MainThread udi_interface INFO __init__:<module>: Loading isy module
2023-11-04 15:03:23,799 MainThread udi_interface INFO __init__:<module>: UDI interface initialized
2023-11-04 15:03:23,799 MainThread udi_interface INFO __init__:<module>: UDI Python Interface for Polyglot version 3 3.2.3 Starting...
2023-11-04 15:03:23,802 MainThread udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b90266f4_15/kasa-poly.py", line 12, in <module>
from nodes import VERSION,Controller
File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b90266f4_15/nodes/__init__.py", line 9, in <module>
from .SmartDeviceNode import SmartDeviceNode
File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b90266f4_15/nodes/SmartDeviceNode.py", line 8, in <module>
from kasa import SmartDeviceException
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'kasa'
2023-11-04 15:03:25,013 MainThread udi_interface INFO polylogger:set_basic_config: set_basic_config: enable=True level=30
2023-11-04 15:03:25,014 MainThread udi_interface INFO __init__:<module>: UDI interface initializing
1 hour ago, Jimbo.Automates said:

From @Michel Kohanim 

I just included rust in the dev packages (was not there before). So, for your existing customers please have them:

1. Upgrade Packages
  2. Install Dev Packages

This did nothing for me.  I even tried another slot.  I had to do a restore of PG3x after a bad SD and this is only nodeserver that did not reinstall.

Edited by macjeff
21 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@macjeff,

Are you being patient? This process will try to recompile the required package. So, before saying "This didn't do anything for me", check the logs and make sure it's being compiled. Or, at the least, attach the logs.

With kind regards,
Michel

Its been well over an hour but I will try again and install the logs.

I just rebooted again but that was an hour later after I did the install Upgrade Packages/install Dev Packages

Ok just deleted the nodeserver.....reinstalled.  Waited for it to say successfully installed and it did.

Check and not connected.

Keeps saying No Module Named Kasa

Switched logs to DEBUG and restarted nodeserver

Logs attached

Kasa_11-6-2023_74242-PM.zip

3 hours ago, Jimbo.Automates said:

From @Michel Kohanim 

I just included rust in the dev packages (was not there before). So, for your existing customers please have them:

1. Upgrade Packages
  2. Install Dev Packages

No dice.

I did that in order. Rebooted. Nothing. Did another Upgrade Packages just in case that updates dev packages if they exist and rebooted. Then I tried to update the NS in Poly.

Still Disconnect. Same results as others...

1 hour ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Hello everyone, please try again:

1. Upgrade Packages

2. Install Dev Packages

3. <Restart IoX>

4. Reinstall Kasa (you must reinstall)

5. Ignore timeout ... compilation of kasa module takes about 5 minutes on eisy and 10 minutes on polisy

With kind regards,
Michel

I did this twice.  Waited 30 min the last time and no go.

I will have to file a support ticket if you are sure its working.

1 hour ago, macjeff said:

I did this twice.  Waited 30 min the last time and no go.

I will have to file a support ticket if you are sure its working.

Update-  You forgot one step.  Go out and run errands, vote, etc.  It has been well over an hour and when I left it said 40 minutes.   Now at 3:30 it randomly just connected.  I was not even here.   More like 90 minutes. 

Strange but working!!!!

• Like 1

I just began encountering this, I think it began after upgrading from Trial to a paid version, though since I wasn't really looking before I'm not sure. I was a little uncertain about the process of going from a trial to a paid license, since it's not really discussed anywhere I found, and everything I see on the purchase page makes it look like two different things. :)  Anyway, tried deleting it, rebooting the EISY and installing again, with no luck. I then found this thread and will give it a go.

Annoyingly, the turn-off-autoscroll checkbox on the log display now seems to not work. I'd have sworn it did just a few minutes ago. Well, it's not scrolling per-se, instead it's apparently updating the view from wherever I position the log file, as the log file scrolls under me -- in other words, not locking me at the tail, but still scrolling happily away.

After waiting about 20 minutes for what Michel said should take about 5, I went to the node server details page in Polyglot and pressed "Restart". Everything started up and it shows my 27 nodes again.  During the 20 minutes of waiting I hunted but didn't see any sign of where the system was initiating anything like compiling. I did see the timeout after 2 minutes when it initially was doing the re-install of the Kasa node server, but nothing I saw around that log entry really indicated anything special happening/triggered. And I suppose when it finished whatever it may have been doing, perhaps it could've immediately triggered the node server being started up? Presuming it wasn't at that time; is there some health check that occurs regularly which would've started it up had I waited longer?

1 hour ago, DSwallow said:

After waiting about 20 minutes for what Michel said should take about 5, I went to the node server details page in Polyglot and pressed "Restart". Everything started up and it shows my 27 nodes again.  During the 20 minutes of waiting I hunted but didn't see any sign of where the system was initiating anything like compiling. I did see the timeout after 2 minutes when it initially was doing the re-install of the Kasa node server, but nothing I saw around that log entry really indicated anything special happening/triggered. And I suppose when it finished whatever it may have been doing, perhaps it could've immediately triggered the node server being started up? Presuming it wasn't at that time; is there some health check that occurs regularly which would've started it up had I waited longer?

This final step of "Restart" Kasa Node Server did the trick too after about letting it just sit for 30-40 mins while I went out.

Cheer!

I also voted, but didn't run an errand; instead went to meet a couple colleagues for a few brews and apparently missed the train.   I followed all the steps Michel advised:   

1. Upgrade Packages

2. Install Dev Packages

3. <Restart IoX>

4. Reinstall Kasa (you must reinstall)

5. Ignore timeout ... compilation of kasa module takes about 5 minutes on eisy and 10 minutes on polisy

I also did a Restart as indicated by Trion and still not on the train. 

I downloaded log package and attached here.  Also included a screen shot of the log.  I'm sure I'm missing something.  

I have Polisy and running Version 5.7.0 and Polyglot 3x Version 3.1.0.  Any additional suggestions?  ScreenCaptureNov72023at10_41_06PM.thumb.jpg.30683c89ef599cdac35a1f3372901bb7.jpg 

Kasa_11-7-2023_103609-PM.zip

Im was having a similar issue - I updated everything as above.

Deleted the node server from the polyglot web page, then deleted it from my eisy slot #9, rebooted EISY.

Installed Kasa on polyglot web page - slot 7 this time.

Waited 10 minutes  - shows connected - all nodes back

Edited by RichTJ99