HomeKit support

SSS

@Michel Kohanim,

You mentioned the Matter support might require a boarder router. I think that works for many since a lot of us that use HomeKit have Apple TVs, HomePods. And if not Apple I am sure they have SmartThings or something else like it. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help support this development.

Edited by Mark Sanctuary
  • Like 2
31 minutes ago, Mark Sanctuary said:

You mentioned the Matter support might require a boarder router. I think that works for many since a lot of us that use HomeKit have Apple TVs, HomePods. And if not Apple I am sure they have SmartThings or something else like it. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help support this development.

Ditto.

50 minutes ago, Mark Sanctuary said:

@Michel Kohanim,

I agree!  Amazon Echo Gen 4, newer Apple TV 4K and HomePods all act as Thread border routers.  I’m exploiting that right now to trigger scenes in my Polisy with Eve Motion Sensors (Matter/Thread) bridged temporarily through an Alexa Routine.

I just want Matter devices to show up as first-class nodes inside EISY/Polisy so I can replace the lame Alexa Routines for the logic I really want.  

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2024 at 6:46 AM, Kentinada said:

Any new updates on HomeKit support?

Best advice is to forget about it.  It's pointless to keep asking and asking.  It'll be ready when it's ready, and not before.  No one can foresee when the obstacles will be overcome; that's an unknowable unknown.

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

Sincere apologies for the delay. This implementation is based on the same framework as Matter (unlike HomeBridge). The delay has been related to the continual changes by the alliance. This said, their last release was much more stable so we are back on track.

With kind regards,
Michel

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...