No Zigbee - "initializing system" slowly progresses

david-4

On 7/14/2023 at 4:18 PM, tazman said:

On the Configuration/System tab you need to check the box to enable Zigbee Support then press the Save button followed by the Restart Iox button.

I am trying to initialize zigbee capability. I did exactly as the above says. Then I reopened the Admin Console and a window popped up that said "initializing system" It slowly goes from 1% to 100%, closes then reopens the same window and starts the slow count all over again. Then it repeats again and again. Its still running for 2 hours. It says do not unplug or power off. How long do I give it before I try to shut it down - and how should I commence.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm running IoX 5.7.0

All I did was click on the Zigbee check box. Then clicked Restart IoX.

after Admin console closed, I waited for IoX to restart and restarted Admin Console. It's still installing 6 hours  later.

BTW, when I click the Z-wave menu item on the top bar, it says Z-wave dongle not responding. (It used to show a dropdown menu)

Edited by david-4
addition

@david-4 sounds like it's stuck and a power cycle would reset everything.

Try the multi-function button to shutdown the device. If it doesn't properly shut down within 60 seconds of pushing the button then pull the power supply.

Look for the User Guide for your device in the wiki: 

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Main_Page#Online_Documentation

It should NOT take longer than a few minutes to reboot and shouldn't get stuck in a loop like that. When you said the Z-Wave menu shows not connected that means the IoX service didn't restart properly and it's stuck. 

If you still have issues after a power cycle please open a support ticket with UDI for them to review the situation. 

Good luck! Post back an update once resolved.

• Thanks 1