Switch from Insteon Hub to UD Polisy

I have a home filled with Alexas and Insteon Devices and an Insteon Hub that keeps breaking.  I also have a UD Polisy and and Insteon USB Modem and would like to start controlling things with the Polisy.  I have no idea where to start and what to do.  Can anyone give me a quick list of what SW/HW I need and how to go about it or tell me where to go to find it?  THANKS - Bruce

1 hour ago, bpalansky1 said:

I have a home filled with Alexas and Insteon Devices and an Insteon Hub that keeps breaking.  I also have a UD Polisy and and Insteon USB Modem and would like to start controlling things with the Polisy.  I have no idea where to start and what to do.  Can anyone give me a quick list of what SW/HW I need and how to go about it or tell me where to go to find it?  THANKS - Bruce

Start here:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Polisy:User_Guide

And use this for a programing guide once you are up and running:

https://www.universal-devices.com/docs/production/The+ISY994+Home+Automation+Cookbook.pdf

• Like 1

Another suggestion is to consider your insteon network by function and/or room. Start with some simple function like a 3 way switch in a room...

• Remove the devices from the insteon hub
  • Factory reset them
  • Add them to the polisy
  • Set up programs if necessary
  • Pick another room or function and move at a pace that you can support

Another way to say it is

• Do not attempt an "big bang" conversion
  • Tempting as it is, do not use the admin console function to crawl and discover your existing insteon network.. it's better to proceed at a pace you can manage