Package upgrade (5.7.1_7)

Techman
Go to solution Solved by Techman,

I went to IoX 5.7.1_07, PG3x 3.2.16, and Elk 3.10.5  back around 12/8 or so on my eisy and the next day I got an Elk Failed & Elk Connected with exactly the same timestamp to the second.  It started to get a bit more prominent as the days went on.  I also noticed the response time of my z-wave network lagging.  When I got home from work today my entire z-wave was next to dead.  I rebooted the eisy to no avail.  I ran a heal on the z-wave network and if that helped any, it wasn't much.  Darn near appears something is sucking up all the cpu ticks.  Has anyone else seen this behavior after going to 5.7.1_07? 

Edited by GJ Software Products
correct spelling

Upgraded successfully to 5.7.1_7 and confirmed by checking the sysconfig.txt on Polisy.

In the admin console when performing updates, I never receive any messages after complete.

I have read there is a pop-up or something, or am I mistaken?  I feel like I should reboot to fully complete the process?

I monitor the process via /var/udx/logs/log (to make me feel better I guess)!!

Steve

Edited by SteveT

Usually you should get a pop up that says your system is upgrading, after the upgrade is complete you should get a popup telling you to reboot

Being thaat you're on 5.7.1_7 you have the current firmware. It's probably best to reboot your system.

Edited by Techman
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, SteveT said:

I have done 5-6 updates over months, have never seen a pop-up at the end!

Do you use UD Mobile? You should also get alerts there when updates are started and completed.

From this post showing some of the alerts both in admin console and UD Mobile. 

20 minutes ago, SteveT said:

I am using the MacOS Java console if that matters. 

Quite possible, but haven't had any other macOS users comment (that I know of) so couldn't tell you if that happens or not. As a Windows and UD Mobile user I can say I get the notices mentioned in the above post as expected. I typically don't hit the "OK" on the first pop-up after hitting the "YES" to begin the process. If you're clearing out that warning box it might not pop up new ones after the process completes. It's also possible if you click off the configuration tab alerts might not present themselves. I know in the early days I would click OK and not get any additional popups, but I'm not sure if they were programmed in "early" eisy days (meaning maybe Jan-June 2023). 

• Thanks 1

@Geddy - thank you for the additional info - nothing in UDI mobile which I use. 

I am on Polisy, and today I left the admin console alone - didnt change tabs or anything.  I have cleared settings in it before- not aware of anything that would impact though.

On UDI mobile, I get the lost connection / re-connected to portal, so notification are working.

Steve

Edited by SteveT

I ran "Upgrade Packages" again (2nd time for _7) like @Techman said above, last night, I got a message upgrade complete on UD Mobile but it didn't ask me to reboot so I waited for a bit and rebooted.  I haven't got the Elk nodeserver disconnect/reconnect messages since and z-wave, etc. appears all is running well.

• Thanks 1