How many Nodes, 2?

midrar
Go to solution Solved by Goose66,

I have a Ring elite doorbell and just installed the Ring nodeserver. I only see 2 nodes that were installed. One for battery health and the second for motion. What about actual press of the pushbotton on the doorbell? Shouldn't that be a ring or am I missing it?

image.png.f50c0384146d83c64e600fe936fa72e8.png

@midrar  2 nodes seems right. I have a Ring Doorbell Pro and only have the same as you. I have a program that when it dings will turn lights on.

If you make a program use "Control" and your doorbell will show up and then you should get a "Ding" option.

4 hours ago, Goose66 said:

It has been messed up for some time. Hopefully you will have better results.

Your comment made me think about mine because I recalled that I had a ring a few days ago and events did not happen as expected. Indeed, my program was not triggering. 

Check on the UD Portal and see if your remote connection is active.

image.png     image.png

Mine was "NO". I figured that might have been my issue and then pressed "Reconfigure" and after a moment "Refresh" and it went to "Yes". After that was yes I tested my doorbell and the "Ding" program triggered as expected. 

@Goose66 see if your portal is showing "No" for the active line. 

Just for reference the last time my "Ding" program had triggered was December 4th (based on the summary tab). I've had several dings since then so know it hasn't been working for about a week. 

On 12/11/2023 at 1:06 PM, Geddy said:

Check on the UD Portal and see if your remote connection is active.

Mine was "NO". I figured that might have been my issue and then pressed "Reconfigure" and after a moment "Refresh" and it went to "Yes". After that was yes I tested my doorbell and the "Ding" program triggered as expected. 

Mine was "NO" as well. Did the Reconfigure, and after about a half an hour or so (the Polisy rebooted), it switched to "YES" and now I am getting events from Ring. It's been a while since this has worked, so the change must have taken place a while back.

I wasn't fully understanding the significance of this setting and wasn't aware of the requirement for the Ring node server. But I did look and see that it is in the UD Developer documentation here: https://developer.isy.io/docs/API/pg/Webhooks 

Looks like not until PG3x, however, which doesn't make a lot of sense. But oh well, it works now so all good. Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

My Remote Connection Access was set to NO.  Reconfigured and all 3 parameters were YES.  The Ring Test now shows SUCCESS.  However, still not getting a motion event in my program.  Also, restarted a few times. 

Screenshot 2023-12-17 182336.png

Edited by TUhl01