Cannot get input select to work for A/V Virtual devices

I've been using the UDI Portal with the ISY V3 Alexa skill for several years to control my devices with spoken commands.  I also have several A/V Virtual devices that control a Roku TV and a Windows PC with Windows Media Center. 

All the A/V Virtual device functions under the Basic, Volume and Playback tabs work perfectly. 
However, I cannot get the 8 inputs under Input Select tab to respond to spoken commands on any of the A/V Virtual devices I have created. 

The spoken syntax is supposed to be: "Alexa, change input to <input name> on <device>". 
Alexa responds with "I don't know how to set <device> to that setting" on the first attempt and with "" on subsequent attempts. 

Example: I have an A/V Virtual device with the device spoken "media center" and input-1 named RECORDED. When I speak the command, "Alexa, change input to recorded on media center" the response is "I don't know how to set Media Center to that setting". 
If I then speak the command for another input on the same device, the response is a soft "bong bong" which shows up as "" in the Alexa app voice history. 

I experience this behavior with the A/V Virtual devices for both the Roku TV and the Windows PC with Windows Media Center. 

The A/V Virtual device for the Roku TV uses network resources for all 8 input selects and the Windows PC uses programs for all 8 input selects. The network resources and programs work fine when triggered manually through the management console. I'm pretty sure my A/V Virtual device names are okay because functions like On/Off, Mute/Unmute, Volume Up/Down, Channel Up/Down, Play/Pause/Stop, etc work fine. 

I've tried different device spokens, different input names, deleting and recreating the A/V Virtual devices. I've even tried just waiting for a few weeks since some folks have reported that strange Alexa integration problems sometime clear up on their own after waiting for a few days. Nothing seems to work for input select. 

I've searched the forums here but I can't seem to find any reference to this issue. Any ideas? 

Thank you for your reply. 

The input select names I've recently used are: 
recorded, guide, live tv, movies, music, pictures, videos, radio. 
None of these input names have worked. 

I've also used in the past: 
aquatic, yoo tube, amazon, player. 
These actually worked for a while about a year ago, but have now stopped working as well. 

I noticed that sometimes I had to use a "phonetic" spelling, such as "yoo tube" for YouTube. 

I figured the names above are pretty clear. Could you suggest some better choices? 

• 2 weeks later...

I have made a few more tests.

Some that work:

• HDMI1
  • HDMI2
  • DVR
  • ANTENNA

Many don't though.

When you hear <device> doesn't support that, it's a sign that the input was understood, but your A/V device did not have that input defined.

If you hear any other error message or a beep, Alexa does not understand the input you spoke.