Can't set "On" level in a switch

gdntx
Go to solution Solved by Techman,

I had this problem previously with a 994, but for current HW I just migrated to a new Eisy and upgraded the SW to 5.8.0.  I used a new PLM.   All of the migration has gone well:  restore from the backup, Restoring the PLM, etc. Portal license migration, Spokens for Alexa.   I had 3 or 4 switches that didn't update and I've done a restore device for those switches.  I don't show any communication errors.

I now have a switch that I want to update the "On" level for.   Simple update to 13% from the 100% currently set.  The console shows activity on the network and I've captured the detailed log, but nothing I do after clicking "Write Changes" will truly update the switch.   I can remotely and locally control the switch, it all seems good, except the update for the "On" value  Any insight would be appreciated.   Screen shot of the switch and a log of the write is attached.

Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 1.26.34 PM.png

ISY-Events-Log.v5.8.0__Wed 2024.01.10 01.28.46 PM.txt

Interesting follow up - I forgot about the new UD Mobile app because I typically use Mobilinc from the phone.   I opened the app, selected the switch, changed the On Level to 13%.   It wrote the switch and that is now what I get when using the switch locally.

So maybe a bug from the desktop ISY GUI?

Edited by gdntx
1 hour ago, gdntx said:

So maybe a bug from the desktop GUI?

Yes, somewhat of a bug, but not sure it's a fixable bug. The UI changed when IoX 5.x came out. On the admin console to write the "On Level" you have to click the button on the left to be updated for the device. 

As for the admin console not showing the "On Level" if you make the change in the mobile app it should update. I just tested with a dimmer switch and the UI did update. I was about to say reloading would have fixed that because usually information is only updated/read on load. But mine did update when I changed with UD Mobile and had admin console open. 

(and dangit... @Techman swooped in and answered before I could post since I was testing the update with the app while having admin console open. Thanks!)

The same is true if you set the backlight of a switch. With that though it will always show 0% so that is an issue that's been buggy since 5.x (maybe even before). But that's a different option you aren't concerned with. 

Thank you @Techman and @Geddy for the follow up and solution.

I guess I could have looked through some documentation.  My system has been in for 10 to 12 years and I don't mess with it much.  I just recall the button used to say "OK" or something and whatever change you made on the screen were written to the switch.   I'm sure this is likely updated in the documentation.

I'll note staring at that screen I don't think for a hundred years I would have thought to click the "On Level".

Edited by gdntx