ZMatter Installation

Go to solution Solved by tlightne,

I just got my ZMatter USB add-on for my Eisy. I connected the antennae correctly, plugged it into the left-most USB port on the Eisy, and rebooted the Eisy.  My AC now shows both the Z-wave and Zigbee menu items.  But I cannot add a Z-wave device.  I have Minoston MP21Z plug outlets. I have plugged one in, went to the Z-wave menu and selected Add a Z-wave Device.  It goes into device discovery mode (see attached).  I push the on/off button on the Minoston outlet 3 times quickly to put it in pairing mode but nothing happens.  It blinks 3 times and goes back to solid blue.  The Eisy just stays in pairing mode and doesn't add anything.  What am I missing?  There are no instructions with this this add-in which would be nice. 

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 3.29.22 PM.png

2 minutes ago, tlightne said:

Did you do a factory reset or exclusion on the device  before trying to include it. Tht is recommended even on new Zwave devices. 

No, I didn’t. How would I know to do that? It comes with NO instructions.  

Are you talking about the Ministon device or the USB Zmatter device?

Edited by Kentinada
  • Solution

@KentinadaFrom experience not sure if it is in a WIKI someplace. I picked it up from reading posts in the UD Forums. A Zwave device can only be included in one network so if it was previously owned and returned by a customer or if Factory did a test on it and did not remove it properly it would still have the old network in it so it is best to always start with an exclusion first.

Edited by tlightne
  • Like 1