Question about accessing Admin Console for ISY 99i on mobile device

birdman

Long time user of the Admin Console running on Java on my desktop to access my ISY which controls apx 40 + Insteon light switches in my home.

I also have been using MobiLinc Pro on my iOS device to control the lights and also through Alexa for voice controls.

However, I am not able to access the Admin Console and add / edit numerous Programs I have running through the MobiLinc Pro app and I need to be home in front of my computer to access the Admin Console.

Given restrictions about installing 3rd party software (including Java) on my work laptop I have been using an older computer at home to access the Admin Console.

Question - Is there any ability or app that would allow me the same level of access to the Admin Console / meaning the same ability to edit Programs, add scenes etc running on the ISY through an iOS device?

Thank you in advance

12 minutes ago, birdman said:

Question - Is there any ability or app that would allow me the same level of access to the Admin Console / meaning the same ability to edit Programs, add scenes etc running on the ISY through an iOS device?

While there is currently no app which has all features of the Admin Console,  UD Mobile allows basic program edits, Variables, Network Resources, and a few other items are not yet editable from UDM.  UDM requires firmware 5.0.16 or greater.

• Like 1
Just now, Javi said:

While there is currently no app which has all features of the Admin Console,  UD Mobile allows basic program edits, Variables, Network Resources, and a few other items are not yet editable from UDM.  UDM requires firmware 5.0.16 or greater.

I forgot to mention that I use the UDM app also for the basic things I need like adding new insteon devices and basic edits. It works well on the iPad

Do you have a portal account? If yes, my suggestion is to try the UDM app and see what you think.

I still use the console a lot, but I'm implementing a lot too

*** having said that, not sure if the portal supports the 99i

Edited by paulbates

I was about to reply that I do not have a portal account as my recollection (could be wrong) when I looked at this a few years ago was that there was some conflict with a portal account and using MobiLinc Pro, which I use quite a bit just to turn things off and on and through Alexa. 

But now I see the next post that suggests that the UDM app does not work with the 99i in any event. 

Thx