Volume Control

Whitehambone

• 2 weeks later...

Saw volume was added to new version but does not work for me.  Posted this under the support post for 1.3.0

Issue - Volume Control wont work.  (FYI- Using speaker jack not Bluetooth)

Whatever I change it to it goes back to 100%

Even tried installing on a different EISY and same issue.

On 3/16/2024 at 5:38 PM, macjeff said:

Saw volume was added to new version but does not work for me.  Posted this under the support post for 1.3.0

Issue - Volume Control wont work.  (FYI- Using speaker jack not Bluetooth)

Whatever I change it to it goes back to 100%

Even tried installing on a different EISY and same issue.

Same issue.   Volume Control at top says 100%.   If I change it below, the top still says 100% and anything played will come out of headphones at 100%.  There doesn't seem to be a "write" of the volume setting when hitting "Play"

I already responded to your email. This is how the volume works: you have to be in play mode for the volume to be applied. Once the play is over, and you restart a new song, then volume goes back to 100%. We may improve this in future releases such that we store the volume and then apply it when the play starts. 

With kind regards,
Michel

6 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

I already responded to your email. This is how the volume works: you have to be in play mode for the volume to be applied. Once the play is over, and you restart a new song, then volume goes back to 100%. We may improve this in future releases such that we store the volume and then apply it when the play starts. 

With kind regards,
Michel

It was not working at all.  Everytime I chose 100 it would go right back to 100 but there has been a couple updates since then and to be honest I did not test after those.  I just tested now and it does now behave as you say.  It changes and then it goes back but now not until after it is finished playing.

19 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

With kind regards,
Michel

Ah!  That was a little non-intuitive - but it does work.  Once it is playing any media, I can change the volume, AND the volume setting stayed in place for all future files (which is what i wanted).   The only part I was missing was that a file or steam had to be active in order to make the initial change.  Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

We'll be fixing it shortly + the ability to upload files (zip) directly from PG3 + YouTube support.

BTW, we do need 9 volunteers to test our YouTube plugin. Any interest?

With kind regards,
Michel

I volunteer but wont be able to test to April 4 due to vacation and business.  Let me know if that timing works

@Whitehambone,

Unfortunately, there's no local playlist. You upload zip files containing your files, and they will end up in the path as defined in the configuration.

We can definitely consider adding local playlists. This said, does anyone actually download large audio files rather than playing through spotify, youtube, etc.?

With kind regards,
Michel

• Thanks 1