I have logged into my account and do not see anything like that. That includes through the frum and through the Universal devices website.

I do not doubt you, I guess I just an not coming through the right door.

May need a little more detail in how to get there.

Well, after a little effort I managed to get the API key and get the plug in working.

Now, color me naive, but I have used Ambient Weather, even though I do not own or operate any of their devices. Is that a requirement for this plugin to operate successfully ( turning my station or sensors into nodes?)

Can I enter nearby stations somehow?

5 minutes ago, glacier991 said:

Can I enter nearby stations somehow?

Possibly.  The plug-in is specifically for Ambient Weather personal weather stations.  So you need to either have a station of your own or have someone with a station grant you access to their data via the API.   You aren't allowed to use the API to query stations you have not been given access to by the station owner.  That's an Ambient Weather policy. 

To do this, the station owner would have to provide you with an API key to use.  

As I look at this a little closer, a couple things come to mind.

First, the "policy" you reference makes sense to me.

Second, I have online access to their stations dashboards anyway. (Seems to run contrary to policy?)

Third. I am liking their product(s) and might seriously consider adding one.

That said, I realize you are a node developer and not responsible for either 1 or 2. Or 3.

Thanks for all your great work. 

Chris

Have you ever considered writing a node for lacrosse weather stations. They have web access and a fairly deep market penetration. Sort of a "poor man's" Ambient Weather.

I don't have an Ambient Weather station myself so all of the node server development was done using data from other people's stations.  I had to have them provide me with an API key to do that development.

I have not looked into Lacrosse stations, I've seen them, but know nothing about them.   A quick search and don't find anything documenting an API to get data from Lacrosse stations.