Error messages when making any changes to Dimmer

Chuck

I have had a pretty reliable setup until a few days ago when I noticed a switchlinc dimmer not responding to scenes. I also noticed in the admin console it showed up with a different green icon next to it. The icon changed back to normal when I did a query on the device today. The device level and ramp rates within scenes show as comepletely different settings than it was originally set for. When I 1st open the admin console and try to correct the level or ramp rate for this device inside a scene, I get:

[-110022] Couldn't open file [/CONF.ADR.CFG]

[-110022] Couldn't open file [/CONF.FYP.CFG]

And upon further attempts I get, "Request Failed".

I can succesfully query the device and change it's default levels.

:?

Please help.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Thanks and no, this is not one of the bad ones!

What ISY firmware version are you on?

Can you verify if you have this problem whether or not the load is ON for this device? i.e. what happens if you turn off the switch and then query and/or try programming it?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Chuck,

Please use Help | Automatically Upgrade My Lighting to do the upgrade. I think you might be using the upgrade file for ISY26.

Ok, next test is to turn OFF all devices in your system (All Off) and retry. If that also fails, then please let me know if you have any SignaLinc RFs (with the Antenna). If not, how many access points do you have?

With kind regards,

Michel

After pressing "ALL OFF", I still get "Request Failed" when trying to adjust the device settings within any scene.

I do not use any SignalLink RFs or Access Points.

The system has been working for over a year up to this point.

Thanks,

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

At this point I have to think that either your PLM has gone bad or something is blocking the signal from the PLM.

Two more questions:

1. Do you have any LampLincs? If so, can you plug one right onto the PLM and try changing the settings

2. Have you recently moved your ISY/PLM OR have you recently installed a new piece of equipment anywhere?

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

I plugged a LampLinc (2456D3 v.28) directly into the PLM and could succesfully change it's default settings and settings within scenes.

I have not moved the ISY/PLM and have not added anything.

Thanks,

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

So, this test tells me that your PLM is OK. So, there HAS to be some type of signal issue or a defective device. The only way to diagnose - and although quite difficult - is to take out the switch and then plug it into the same outlet as the PLM. If that works, then we have to figure out where the signal is getting lost. If that does not work then you have a defective switch.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

I replaced the device and had the same errors, even when powered directly into the PLM. I removed the device and added it as a new device and manually added it into all the scenes and programs and that worked. A pain, but it worked. I'm not sure why.

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

Michel,

Now the new device is showing the same symtoms! The icon next to it in the admin console is green and all associated scenes show the ramp rate as 9m. The first attempt at changing the ramp rate within a scene results in:

[-110022] Couldn't open file [/CONF.ADR.CFG]

[-110022] Couldn't open file [/CONF.FYP.CFG]

Subsequent tries result in "Request Failed".

Please help.

Thanks.

Hi Chuck,

I think it's now time for getting in contact with our tech support team. Personally, I can only think of two things causing this issue:

1. A defective PLM

2. Some device on your network started going bad and is causing all sorts of network traffic/noise and thus all the comm errors

Does your PLM blink continuously on its own even though there should not be any traffic?

With kind regards,

Michel

• 2 months later...

Archived