Programs not working after ISY994 to eisy migration

Go to solution Solved by fanpatsdec,

I completed my migration from an isy994 to eisy. Devices are linked and controllable, amazon talks to them ok, but no programs will run including new test ones I create. Any ideas? Thanks.

Edited by fanpatsdec
14 minutes ago, fanpatsdec said:

I completed my migration from an isy994 to eisy. Devices are linked and controllable, amazon talks to them ok, but no programs will run including new test ones I create. Any ideas? Thanks.

At one time, programs needed to be resaved after the migration. Not sure if that is still the case.

However, that doesn't explain your new programs not running.

Suggest you try power cycling and after the restart, resave all of your programs.

If that doesn't work, try running upgrade packages.

Thanks DennisC, I tried all that and nothing worked. I noticed that if I run the "then" on the programs, they work. Looking at the event viewer, it seems that the eisy is not seeing an event coming from the switches, i'll try restoring the PLM.

First, check that date and time is displaying the correct information.

Next, make sure there are no conditions on the master folder and any sub folders. Conditions on folders can be flaky and prevent programs from running.

A few things to try:

Check the error log and look for any error messages.

Right click a program and select status and check what last run time was. Does it align to when the program should have run?

Open event viewer, set to level 3 and watch log around time a program should run. See what messages are logged.

• 2 weeks later...

@fanpatsdec first - easiest/preferred way to post a program is to right click on the program and use the "Copy to clipboard" option (last menu item). Then paste it as text in the forum post. This way it helps others if they need to suggest an edit to not have to re-type the program or try to describe the change.

30 minutes ago, fanpatsdec said:

For example a switch that if double clicked, turns on another light.

You're the second person that's had an issue with "fast on/off" not triggering. I don't think this would be a bug, but might be a concern that should be reviewed by a support ticket with UD. 

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets

For testing try changing from "Fast off" to just "off" and see if the device triggers the program.

The other user appears to be having issues with communication not even seeing the device trigger in event viewer. 

Open event viewer and set it to level 3. Then operate the switch for both on/off and fast on/fast off and then copy the event viewer to a text editor and see what the IoX received for events.

All my fast on / fast off triggered programs worked after my migration from the ISY994 to the Eisy. I did have a few issues with some programs and to resolve the issues I made a copy of the program (right click, copy) and then deleted the original and then deleted the word "copy" from the new program and saved it. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Solution
Posted (edited)

Finally fixed it after going through it with support. Basically did everything I had done before again in the order:

Restored EISY from a previous ISY994i backup (again).

Restored PLM (again)

Ran the File: Restore devices (again).

That fixed everything after I reconnected all the wireless devices.

Edited by fanpatsdec
  • Like 2

I have had similar issues on a one-off basis since my migration.  Naturally, you think the program is not working, at first.  But, as it turns out, I have been able to resolve all of my issues so far by just restoring the device. (Highlight, right click, restore device).

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue of programs triggered by controls not working but it was after a PLM failure. It had been connected to an EISY and working fine. After the PLM replacement and restoration this happened. I tried both options above neither worked. I ended up having to delete the device that would not trigger a program, re-add it, and then update the program with same command. I had to do both steps to make it work again.