Revert from NVMe (no mirror)

My home assistant is running fine after restoring from a backup. I didn't encountered any issues at all.

I haven't tried running the script again, not knowing what will happen.

I'm hoping there is a way to put the OS back in the emmc. I don't want to be screwed if the NVMe ever fails.

The scripts as they exist today appear to all be one way. If you want to go back to a mirror I could likely put together some commands you could run.

If your drive dies support should be able to help you get the base OS back. You should be backing up your configs though.

On 3/13/2024 at 7:26 PM, apnar said:

The scripts as they exist today appear to all be one way. If you want to go back to a mirror I could likely put together some commands you could run.

If your drive dies support should be able to help you get the base OS back. You should be backing up your configs though.

Thanks apnar. I don't want to trouble you for that. My system is running fine now and I rather not mess with it for now. Appreciate the offer though!

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

@Michel Kohanim

I just discovered an issue with my NVMe, it is defective, and need to revert back to eMMC. The eMMC is wiped out and does not exist.

Do you have a script for this or a script to restore the eisy to factory.  I am not worried about data as I have everything backed up on my computer.

This is not my month for working with isy.  Second time I have messed up.

Best regards,
Gary

Edited by G W

It might be I'm hoping Michel has written a script by now. Or at least has a script to to revert to factory.  I think I have used up all my tickect time for this month. 

The NVMe is bad. I know it is bad becasue it had issues before and it was replaced by Samsung. I should have destroyed it but i didn't and now I am paying for that error.

2 hours ago, G W said:

It might be I'm hoping Michel has written a script by now.

That's why I suggested a support ticket. Michel doesn't monitor the forums as much as he once did. Therefore a support ticket is the best/most effective way to get support from Universal Devices.

Plus, at one point a factory reset (image) was a process they didn't have public published methods for and think they would prefer to keep it that way to keep future support issues targeted and trackable through their support ticket process.