Nodelink questions from a non-programmer

jason.russo.96

I'm not a programmer like most of you all, so please bear with me. Alot of the instructions assume you already know how to program this stuff!! 

I finally got nodelink to work so I can see my Genmon generator on the ISY. The Genmon is running on a raspberry pi.  I used the script to install the software on the on the pi. The I installed nodelink on my PC (which is always on), and went through the settings.  Either way, I'm psyched I can monitor it remotely 

Here is the problem, the cmd app needs to be running all the time for the data to transfer and it needs to be run in administrator mode.  I put it in the startup folder, but I can't set it to "run as administrator.". It doesn't have the typical option under advanced. I'd like it to automatically start in case the computer reboots.  

Second, the command window needs to be open all the time. I can minimize it, but it prevents the screen saver from coming on. 

Is there something else I can do? Did I not do it correctly? 

5 minutes ago, apostolakisl said:

You can use windows task scheduler to create a task that

1) under general tab check runs with highest privileges 

2) under triggers tab select at startup

3) action tab select to run a program (nodelink)

This is a good idea. I'll check it out.  The "program" would be the command line script, correct?