eisy on UPS with USB PLM

43 minutes ago, Techman said:

@Jimbo.Automates

I just disconnected my USB PLM, then then plugged it back in and had no problem with the EISY communicating with the PLM. If you're using a serial PLM it's possible that the serial to USB converter lost power. My EISY is also on a UPS

Thanks for checking. When you say disconnected, do you mean unplugged the USB or unplugged the PLM from power?  When I unplug the PLM from power, then plug it back in IoX says no PLM connected...

11 minutes ago, Jimbo.Automates said:

Thanks for checking. When you say disconnected, do you mean unplugged the USB or unplugged the PLM from power?  When I unplug the PLM from power, then plug it back in IoX says no PLM connected...

I removed power from the PLM.  It's strange thast it's not working for you. Maybe a loose or bad cable?

4 hours ago, Jimbo.Automates said:

I have my eisy on a UPS, with a USB PLM that is of course not on the UPS.  So when I loose power the eisy stays online, but when power is restored the IoX on eisy never sees the PLM come back.  Is there someway to fix this without rebooting?

I am running the same setup and I can confirm mine works without an issue. Just before the winter I tested my generator which is connected to a manual transfer switch.

My procedure is to turn off house power, which powers down all of the devices on the manual transfer switch. This causes the UPS to power eisy and the USB PLM to loose power until I start the generator and activate the transfer switch.

The PLM reconnects without issue.

The