YoLink Outdoor Motion Sensor "1 idx" in Mobilinc Pro

The value shown in Mobilinc Pro for the YoLink Outdoor Motion sensors and contact sensors is "1 idx". This does not appear to change regardless of state of the device. The state is shown correctly in the admin console, and can be used as such in programs. This is perhaps not an issue with the nodeserver at all. Any ideas?

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 7.52.52 PM.jpeg

I believe MobiLinc uses its own static "profiles" for device types. So it may not work well with custom profiles provided by Node Servers.

If the node conforms to a static profile then setting the Hint may allow the device to work with MobiLinc. Hints can be set by users if needed using ISY Portal (there is a local API also but no UI). If the hint works the Node Server Developer can set this as the default.

Motion Sensor conformance would likely require the Node Server have same status and command IDs as an Insteon Motion Sensor.  

Posted (edited)

Any idea how to structure this hint in the editor? In appears to be prompting something like an IPv4 address structure? I have a basic familiarity with homeassistant YAML. This may be too advanced for me.

Edited by roblombardo

Try to find the Hint (sometimes Type is equal to hint) for a similar device from rest/nodes, then add the same value to the Node Server Node.  I think sensors are 7.0.0.0, but may require the second position also, i.e 7.X.0.0

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Node_Hints_Documentation

Below is an example for thermostat with hint added by Node Server developer.

<node flag="128" nodeDefId="HwhF">
<address>n006_48a2e687e1a9</address>
<name>Home - Hallway</name>
<family instance="6">10</family>
<hint>5.0.0.0</hint>
<type>5.0.0.0</type>
<enabled>true</enabled>
<deviceClass>0</deviceClass>
<wattage>0</wattage>
<dcPeriod>0</dcPeriod>
<startDelay>0</startDelay>
<endDelay>0</endDelay>
<pnode>n006_48a2e687e1a9</pnode>
</node>

If someone can direct me on what to do, I can try to add it if it does not change the code structure too much

As I mentioned I have not used mobileLinc before and I do not know the requirements

Currently I do not use hints, so it may be possible to add the hits (as long as I know what to set it to)

3 hours ago, Panda88 said:

If someone can direct me on what to do, I can try to add it if it does not change the code structure too much

As I mentioned I have not used mobileLinc before and I do not know the requirements

Currently I do not use hints, so it may be possible to add the hits (as long as I know what to set it to)

There is no guarantee this will work with MobiLink, so may want to wait for confirmation that this works. Likely better if user switches to UD Mobile if they have Node Servers.  

See https://github.com/search?q=org%3AUniversalDevicesInc-PG3 hint&type=code for a few examples.  

If I recall the following documents may have conflicting information, so I'm not sure which, if any, are used by MobiLinc. 

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Node_Hints_Documentation

https://github.com/search?q=org%3AUniversalDevicesInc-PG3 hint&type=code

• Like 1