Blink NS: cannot authenticate

Hi @Panda88, I'm stuck in a loop trying to authenticate.  I start the NS and the log says invalid pin.  A few seconds later Blink texts me a new code.  I enter that into the NS configuration and save, hit restart but it fails again and Blink sends a new code.  I also tried not restarting but the result is the same.  The NS periodically tries again and I get a new code from Blink each time.

Any suggestions?  Thanks

2024-04-21 15:13:31,915 Thread-7 udi_interface INFO BlinkSystem:auth: Auth key required
2024-04-21 15:13:32,384 Thread-7 blinkpy.auth ERROR auth:send_auth_key: Invalid PIN
2024-04-21 15:13:32,384 Thread-7 blinkpy.auth ERROR auth:send_auth_key: Invalid PIN

Similar situation here; periodically getting the Blink notice about the verification code.  Putting the code into the plugin as AUTH_KEY doesn't seem to help.  Blink plugin Debug log shows:

2024-04-24 10:08:04,546 Thread-7   blinkpy.auth       ERROR    auth:query: Unable to access https://rest-u017.immedia-semi.com/api/v3/accounts/34xxxx/homescreen after token refresh.
2024-04-24 10:08:04,546 Thread-7   udi_interface      INFO     BlinkSystem:auth: Auth key required

Not sure how to proceed to provide the required Auth key.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Panda88 Thanks for the update!

I have 0.4.8 installed and entered the newly received 2FA code, saved, them restarted.  I do see a message: "New Network detected BEACH - please select ENABLED or DISABLED - then restart."  But, I don't see an entry for the New Network to be able to select ENABLED.  Also, the Nodes tab shows "Nodes 0"

What am I doing wrong?

• Like 1

Tried refresh and restart a few times.  Finally deleted the plugin, power cycled eisy, and reinstalled the plugin.  Entered my Blink system username/password, and the plugin prompted for the 2FA, which was entered and saved.  No ENABLED/DISABLED is available, either before or after restarting the plugin.  And Nodes tab still shows Nodes 0.

Other suggestions will be appreciated.  Thanks.

the code is supposed to populate the network names automatically - can you send me a log file (debug enabled) and I'll try to understand what is happening

Yes - entering the key manually should work as well .  if there is more than 1 network create a key per network

Edited by Panda88

thanks - you log shows your network name already - so it does not  excercise the portion of the code that is supposed to add the possible networks

I have access to my system again so I can experiment a little to figure out what is going on - I tried it once and it worked, so I did not test more

Kudos to @Panda88 for solving the Blink authentication issue.  It's great to once again have geofence enabling/disabling of camera motion detection.   Well done!

Question on one of the IoX camera fields, please.  What does "No Support" mean in the Connected field below?  One level above the camera, the plugin shows "Connected: Online"IMG_2583.thumb.jpeg.ed7cf14cdc807d77d3b42c80bb33c619.jpeg

OK, thanks  The Rest command for my camera: http://192.xxx.yyy.zzz:8080/rest/nodes/n004_1023646

returns:

<nodeInfo>
<node flag="0" nodeDefId="blinkcamera">
<address>n004_1023646</address>
<name>BeachDeck</name>
<family instance="4">10</family>
<hint>0.0.0.0</hint>
<parent type="1">n004_485001</parent>
<type>0.0.0.0</type>
<enabled>true</enabled>
<deviceClass>0</deviceClass>
<wattage>0</wattage>
<dcPeriod>0</dcPeriod>
<startDelay>0</startDelay>
<endDelay>0</endDelay>
<pnode>n004_485001</pnode>
</node>
<properties>
<property id="GV0" value="0" formatted="0" uom="25" name="Motion Detection Status"/>
<property id="GV1" value="0" formatted="0" uom="25" name="Battery Status"/>
<property id="GV3" value="2" formatted="2" uom="25" name="CameraType"/>
<property id="GV5" value="0" formatted="0" uom="25" name="Motion Detected"/>
<property id="GV6" value="95" formatted="95°F" uom="17" name="Temperature"/>
<property id="ST" value="98" formatted="98" uom="25" name="Connected"/>
</properties>
</nodeInfo>

Wonder if property id="ST" would return the camera Connected state for the plugin?