OpenWeatherMap plug-in version 4.0.0 released.

Version 4.0.0 and later now make use of the OpenWeatherMap OneCall 3.0 API.  

API keys for previous versions of the API will no longer work with this version (of the API being used and the plug-in).  You must subscribe to the OneCall 3.0 API if you have not already done so and generate an API key for this version of the API to use plug-in version 4.0.0 and later.

I have a subscription for the One Call 3.0 but getting all zeros for the current data.  There is forecast data but I think its cached from before I upgraded to Version 4.0.0.

Now do I have to wait to get the zeros to go away?

all I did is remove the API key from OpenWeatherMap

Subscribed to the One Call

Generated new API Key and then put new API key in Version 4.0.0.

Restarted NS.

All the old config vales like the Lat and Long with & between them have not been touched.  See screenshots

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 8.15.11 AM.PNG

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 8.15.11 AM.PNG

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 8.28.59 AM.PNG

3 hours ago, macjeff said:

I have a subscription for the One Call 3.0 but getting all zeros for the current data.  There is forecast data but I think its cached from before I upgraded to Version 4.0.0.

Now do I have to wait to get the zeros to go away?

all I did is remove the API key from OpenWeatherMap

Subscribed to the One Call

Generated new API Key and then put new API key in Version 4.0.0.

Restarted NS.

All the old config vales like the Lat and Long with & between them have not been touched.  See screenshots

That's the same as what I did to test.  I subscribed to the OneCall 3.0 API, generated a key and changed my configuration to use that key.  After a fairly short period of time it started working.    How long it takes before the API key starts working is something only OpenWeatherMap can control.   Some folks have reported that it has taken a day or two.

When the log is set to debug level, any error messages returned by OpenWeatherMap are logged so you can check to see what error is being returned but if it's reporting a 401 (invalid API key), there's nothing I can do about that.

If it's some other error related to the formatting of the request, I'll need to see that log and look at what your configuration is doing to generate a bad request.

Every time I've generated a new key it's been pretty quick to activate.  I think the longest I've had to wait has been about 30 minutes.   But others have had to wait overnight or longer.  Seems strange that they can't activate the key within seconds, but not something I have any control over.

• 4 months later...

Now that they charge per call, how does shortpoll values work? Does the parameter define how many seconds between calls (e.g. 600 - 1 call every 10 minutes)?

Edit: Confirming that poll = seconds between calls

Should have let my test run longer before asking--thank you for the awesome node--just upgraded to OneCall and it works perfectly 10min after entering in credit card info

Edited by CKlamkowski
3 hours ago, CKlamkowski said:

Now that they charge per call, how does shortpoll values work? Does the parameter define how many seconds between calls (e.g. 600 - 1 call every 10 minutes)?

Edit: Confirming that poll = seconds between calls

Yes, it's seconds between calls.  And yes, that could be made more obvious.  The poll configuration was like that when I started using and then later developing PG3 so I never thought to improve the wording.