Initial Startup Problem

Bonanza

Just purchased the ISY-99i/R Pro with PLM 2413S from Smarthome.

When I try to add devices I get the message listed below. Also, after selecting Start Linking, the first window that pops up disappears after a few seconds (that doesn’t seem normal). I got the message below after trying to manually add a device.

[-200000]Failed writing the highwater mark[n/a]

[-200000]Node not added-failed removing links[13 9E BA 1]

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Hello Bonanza,

I am so very sorry to hear this. In some cases, the CAT5 cable that goes from ISY to the PLM does not make good contact on the PLM side. Sometimes, pushing up the gold pins on the RJ45 jack on the PLM (where the cable gets connected) fixes this problem. Sometimes swapping the cable fixes it.

With kind regards,

Michel

The cable was bad so the PLM is seen by ISY99, bur now the behavior has changed a bit. If I enter a Switchlinc address I get the progress bar for 30-40 seconds, then it goes away w/no messages or anything. If I look in the Event log I see entries:

Removing all links

Failed getting egine version. Reverting to i1

** Not added ** Remove Device Links failed

I much prefer the automatic linking approach. Have you tried this? Choose, from the icon ribbon, start linking. When in linking mode, go to the device and put it into linking mode. Hopefullly, your new device will now show up in the ISY.

Are you entering the correct address? There are no Os only zero-9 and A-F.

The cable was bad so the PLM is seen by ISY99, bur now the behavior has changed a bit. If I enter a Switchlinc address I get the progress bar for 30-40 seconds, then it goes away w/no messages or anything. If I look in the Event log I see entries:

Removing all links

Failed getting egine version. Reverting to i1

** Not added ** Remove Device Links failed

Archived