Alexa migration

SRS
Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

With my isy994i, which I am finally migrating off of, I was using MobiLinc with Alexa integration. I tried to follow the migration instructions for migrating my Alexa integration but since I was using MobiLinc, not ISY Portal, the Portal migration says there is nothing to migrate. I'll keep muddling through to try to link MobiLinc to my new eisy but would take any words of advice before I waste too much time. 

• Solution

@SRS I don't recall it being possible to "migrate" any Alexa settings from Mobilinc to UD/ISY Portal. Since they were completely different portal operations. You would need to setup the Alexa items in the ISY Portal portion and install the UD skill for Alexa (I think the skill is still needed).  (More on that in the wiki)

Also note, Mobilinc does still (somewhat) work for the eisy, but only for native devices (i.e. no plugin devices). I know it works well with Insteon devices (just as it did on my old ISY994) and seems to control the limited z-wave and zigbee devices that I've tested with it.

UD Mobile is being developed by UD and does allow control for plugins and all z-wave and zigbee devices. It's a slight learning curve, but you can get a lot of help in the UD Mobile forum area should you run into any stumbling blocks there.