Notifications not generating emails from programs

My programs no longer send notifications. 

They stopped on May 5th 2024 and I had made no changes to eisy before that time.

I created and a test email program with no If conditions. I clicked Run Then and nothing happened.

But under Settings/Groups SMTP Settings which are set to Use Default, when I click on my Name where recipients are listed, then Test, I do receive the Test email. So, for some reason, my programs can no longer send out notifications.

I am running eisy 5226 

Firmware IoX v5.8.3

UI IoX   v5.8.3 

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

More testing: 

I am able to send out emails from notifications using programs provided the content of the emails is short.

the emails that are not going out are those with complex HTML structures or many lines.

This suggests to me that the User Default setting uses an email system that limits the size of the emails.

I submitted a ticket for the same behavior on my 994 and was told it is no longer supported.  My longer emails did not run at all and shorter ones had no carriage returns.

I switched from the default server to my Gmail account and all is well.  Obviously the issue is on the server end not on my (your) end.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, ldb said:

I switched from the default server to my Gmail account and all is well.  Obviously the issue is on the server end not on my (your) end.

There were issues with UDI's default SMTP server on portal back on May 03 and I notified @bmercier 

I switched to Gmail at that time and everything has been fine since.

Perhaps the default still having problems.

I doubt it has anything to do with the ISY itself.

Edited by mmb
typo

I changed from the default server to my outlook account and still have problems.

Any email with HTML in the body, fails to send.

I will try my gmail account to see if that works.

Thank you for your suggestions

I changed from the default server to my outlook account and still have problems.

Any email with HTML in the body, fails to send.

I will try my gmail account to see if that works.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Oops - more testing and it seems eisy will not save my outlook settings. It reverts to Use default no matter how often I try to save it

I started a ticket and received this message from Michael Kohanim:

"Hi Peter, it seems that your HTML body is larger than 998 characters. This used to work with older SMTP servers but most are rejecting it. Till we add support for multipart attachments, it's best to try and reduce it to 998 characters."

So, I replaced the Default Server with a gmx smtp server and my largest email notification, which has a character count of over 13,00 including spaces, would not transmit. But another of my emails with about 1/2 the count of my largest, and much larger than 998 characters, did go with gmx. Hopefully that will not change. 

So it seems that the "Use Default SMTP server is very limited as Michael indicated.

Thank you all for participating.

Posted (edited)

So, this is using the "default" email server in IOX. Messages are just short text compositions.

Today I noticed that no email notifications were being sent from one Polisy machine (v5.4.4), and trying a test message gives ...

image.png.0b5769e010b3f66e4314b05c2dcc7e6e.png\\

BUT, another Polisy machine that about up to date (v5.8.0), email notifications are still coming.

But (again), the other odd thing that I have noticed in the last month or so, is that I would get duplicate notice mails, that were sometimes months old. The message text time stamp was old, but the email time stamp was current. It is like it was resent.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch

UDI has had some issues with the default mail server, not sure if they've been resolved.

Make sure your email have both the subject line and the body populated otherwise the email will not be sent.

• Like 1