Human Presence Sensor

These new type of sensor have revolutionized smart home control. Instead of the old way of setting a timer and having the lights go out, then having to wave your arms around to get the lights back on, this just works. I'm surprised by the lack of comments/asks for these to be supported? 

Could I make a suggestion....that UD picks one device, that has good reviews and incorporates it into the system. These devices do require extra setup. Setting areas of detection for example.

Maybe this is an opportunity for UD to make their own? Someone has done this for Home Assistant The Everything Presence One - Available for Pre-order now! (everythingsmarthome.co.uk)

Or am I missing something and there is already a way?

@EJones01 Thanks for the link. I was unaware of EST. I'm crazy about ESPhome. I've fabricated many of my own sensors and 3D Printed enclosures. The Everything Presence One has some nice features and component selection. I'm definitely picking one up.

-phil

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, EJones01 said:

So nobody is using one of these?  😕

Sign me up, I'm tired of flapping my arms!

The ESPs I use as temperature and humidity sensors communicate using MQTT and ISY Network Resources.