Integrated smoke/CO detector system that won't break the bank?

We're about 2 years out from needing to replace our 10 smoke detectors.  Last night everything went off at about 4AM.  Darkness and confusion made it more fun.  I'm trying to figure out what to get to integrate the system so that it will turn on the lights and maybe even tell me which detector triggered everything.  Insteon Smoke Bridge seems to be out of stock/no longer produced.  EBay has a few, but it's not looking good as a future method.  I don't have the Z-wave module in my Polisy Pro.  Not saying I can't add it, but the cost needs to be factored in.  

IIRC Alexa boxes have a detector for emergency style alarm detections (by sound). 
My Wyse cheapie cameras do. How reliable they are, I do not know but with Alexa it would be easy to get the signal into ISY wonders.

as a former user of the Insteon Smoke Bridge.. it sucked..Ill give you mine if you want it..hehehe

I moved over to the First Alert Battery Powered Z-Wave Smoke Detector & Carbon Monoxide Alarm.

they are $40 but the only ones that i found that are first a combo smoke and CO2, an communicate with something useable to ISY.

My Polisy supports them very well, including a low battery monitor so i can set alarms(emails) to change batteries out when needed. I can also set different alarms for smoke and CO2 if i want. Works REALLY REALLY good!

a little expensive, but cheap for personal safety....

Posted (edited)

I recently installed a yolink hub and panda88's plugin for another purpose. I'm happy enough with yolink that when I needed to replace smoke/co I bought:

• 6 Yolink smoke
  • 3 Yolink smoke/CO (1 per floor)
  • 1 Yolink siren that goes off in any of the above go off
  • Virtualarm monitoring

They have a 10 year battery life (lifetime) and I have integration with the plugin.

Integration, If they ever go off, hvac and all automated fans are switched off. You could do lights as well. Not super cheap, but wanted something integrated, works and maintenance free

Edited by paulbates
12 minutes ago, EWhite said:

as a former user of the Insteon Smoke Bridge.. it sucked..Ill give you mine if you want it..hehehe

Agreed. Liked the first alert alarm products, and especially the feature that set all of them off and broadcasted which one did it. Never needed it, but slept better.  

The smoke bridge though 🤯.. it would make Rube Goldberg scratch his head figuring it out.

Put in first alert, smoke, CO2, wired and voice  alarms (4 in house) .  Bulk pack from walmart had best price.  Connected to my system using a First Alert RM4 Smart Relay. 

Connected the relay to the detector near my polisy system  and the other end of the relay to a IO switch on my IO web control board ( connected to Polisy with node link ).

With the voice it tells me which location has a problem (low backup battery, alwas will chirp at 2 am, to drive you crazy figuring out which detector) lets me go to the source.

Relay allows me to control fans (off), lights (flashing) and other things  with alarm 

I looked at the First Alert Zwave detectors mentioned earlier, but they are battery only - my house also has hardwired power to the detectors and I want to make use of that.

My solution was to add a Zen55 at one of the alarms (it monitors the interconnect circuit, so will report smoke and CO alarms but can't tell you which specific detector is tripped).

The nice thing is you can use any brand of smoke/CO alarm, and then write your own programs to take whatever actions you like.  I just send myself and my wife a text and UDMobile alert, but may do more in the future.