Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

peterathans

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by peterathans

  1. I'm running 1.3.8 and can't find where to update the firmware in a Zwave device, does this feature exist yet?
  2. To add a data point: I just completed this update from 7.32 to 7.46 (with a stop at 7.42 to update the bootloader). Aside from a couple of hiccups (connection failures and retries), everything worked well and my Polisy (running 6.1.2) is back up and working great. I have no need for the 800LR capabilities as I have a mixture of 700 and 800 devices, but appreciate the bug fixes and stability with later releases. (In the past few weeks I've been updating a lot of my Zooz devices, many of which have new firmware out this month updating their API from 7.19 to 7.24, and have noticed improved performance)
  3. Great stuff, thanks for the post! A few questions: You mention Firmware Update, is this actually the API you're updating? As shown in Protocols / Z-Wave / X-Ray / DH Controller: String DATA controller.data.APIVersion = "07.32" Integer DATA controller.data.APIVersionMajor = 7 (0x00000007) Integer DATA controller.data.APIVersionMinor = 32 (0x00000020)Now that you completed this update, have you noticed any changes or improvements in operation? And finally, I assume this update can be made regardless of the controller being used (EISY vs. Polisy)?
  4. Last thing I tried was a full power cycle, followed by another upgrade attempt ("Your packages are up to date"). I'm seeing FreeBSD both at /WEB/sysconfig.txt *** OS *** FreeBSD polisy 14.1-RELEASE-p6 FreeBSD 14.1-RELEASE-p6 releng/14.1-n267727-74b6c983723c POLISY amd64and when I ssh into the unit Last login: Thu Sep 17 12:36:27 2026 from 192.168.160.126 FreeBSD 14.1-RELEASE-p6 (POLISY) releng/14.1-n267727-74b6c983723cI've opened a ticket, although your help has been very much appreciated (and a lot more responsive)
  5. So it turned out I did need to install eisyui rather than upgrade, but after sudo reboot I still don't see a change. I just did a power-cycle reboot and it still shows FreeBSD 14.1, with no web access. Doing another sudo repo.util prod and then sudo pkg upgrade udx isy eisyui pg3x just results in Updating udi repository catalogue... udi repository is up to date. All repositories are up to date. Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting) Your packages are up to date.And strangely, at the same time my Finder can no longer see the Polisy, and I can't add it. But UDMobile can see it fine, and everything appears to be working.
  6. Ok it seems IoX is now on 6.1.2, but FreeBSD is still on 14.1 - should this update too? Also, should I now be able to go directly to the controller's http interface rather than using Java? I'm getting This site can’t be reached / 192.168.160.xxx refused to connect
  7. I followed the procedure in this thread for my Polisy (IoX 5.9.1, FreeBSD polisy 14.1) and it looks like a lot of files were downloaded and updated, but then the SSH prompt came back and it's just sitting there. Should it reboot automatically? Also, I noticed one of the messages during the upgrade was "pkg: eisyui is not installed, therefore upgrade is impossible", - I assume this is expected since it's a Polisy?
  8. I'm curious, is this an issue with the Z-Wave standard (Z-Wave products are not supposed to publish controls, therefore UDI will have to find a way to work around that), or is it an issue with some specific Z-Wave vendors not implementing the standard correctly?
  9. Precisely - hence the reason I started this thread. This sounds like good news. I've never used an eisy, but imagine it's faster than a Polisy. So for 6.x to run slower on Polisy than it does on an eisy is pretty much expected. And it sounds like (due to the way the admin console loads) 6.1 on Polisy may actually perform faster than 5.9.1 does on Polisy.
  10. This is something I'm particularly interested in - if it were really true that this update is all good stuff, why didn't UDI make it possible to automatically update from 5.9.x? What's the reason for needing to do a manual update? I saw mention of Polisy running on slower hardware and therefore 6.x.x might seem sluggish, is this true? If so, has anyone who has done the update noticed? Is it "minor annoyance" sluggish or "almost unusable"?
  11. @Javi Is the issue mentioned above (ID: /udi-tasks/issues/12) something that we can view, or is it internal to UDI?
  12. I've got a Polisy running IoX 5.9.1 (FreeBSD 14.1-RELEASE-p6). It's got maybe 50 programs and 50 devices. I'm seeing lots of posts about 6.x.x versions, and that they're primarily meant for eisy products, but also that a Polisy update is "possible". I'm wondering if it's worth it to update. Honestly my system is running fine, but it would be nice to get rid of the Java interface. Aside from that, I'm wondering what other benefits 6.x.x would give me -- and, what other possible hiccups I could encounter with a newer version.
  13. I had always assumed that Scene control was meant to be peer-to-peer (for example, ZWave devices both using basic association 2 to talk to each other) - this would imply that you can't do scene control between different technologies, such as Insteon <-> ZWave, since they don't speak the same language.
  14. I've got a simple program looking at some values to trigger the Then, but it's not triggering: If $ShadeLowerDesiredHour is $Hour And $ShadeLowerDesiredMin is $Minute And $AnybodyHome is 0 Then...All values on the first two lines are Integer variables, and $AnybodyHome is a State variable. I can watch the values as the desired time approaches, and they do match at the appropriate time - but nothing happens. Is the fact that the first two lines don't include State variables causing the program to never evaluate as true?
  15. I think I just ran into the same problem - at home on wifi, did a sync. Half of my favorites disappeared and if I go to devices under the Home tab it will show the devices but I can't control them. Do I need to drop wifi and re-sync using cellular? UD Mobile 4.4.25, IoX 5.9.1 Update... Rebooted controller, turned off wifi, and synchronized. Favorites are still missing but I regained control over my devices.
  16. I'm trying to use a short event pulse to trigger a program and self-latch it so that the Then condition will keep running for several seconds (the Then events have a series of Wait statements that cause it to take this long). I assume the IF condition needs to remain true for this entire duration to allow all of the Then commands to run, so I'm looking for a simple and elegant way to have the IF remain true until all the Then events have completed. I tried adding an "OR Program is True" to the IF and a "Stop program" as the last Then command, but I think the IF program condition remains true forever. I need the IF conditions to go false at the end so the program can be re-triggered in the future. I'm sure I'm not the only one to come across this scenario, any ideas?
  17. I have a Zen17 and use it to monitor a N/C contact in a rain sensor, never had any issues over several years now. I don't recall if I changed any config parameters, but I definitely did not exclude/include the device - maybe just did an Interview after? Anyway, not sure what's going on with yours, but is it possible to get back to square 1 and start over (factory reset)?
  18. @hart2hart I've got some follow up questions - you mentioned "I had to run it many times to get mine sorted", can you expand on this? What made you discover that you had to do this multiple times? What were your metrics for success? Did you have some specific performance issues that you were trying to correct? How did you measure or check that each Heal process was making an improvement or change? I followed my process by watching the Level 3 event viewer, but you can also see each device's link table in the X-Ray viewer (although keeping track of these tables for all devices can get very cumbersome). Did you have cases where the Heal process just didn't work for specific devices, and if so, how did you fix those? Sorry to pester with so many questions, thanks for any help you can provide!
  19. peterathans replied to jkraus's topic in IoX Support
    Remember, the time officially changes at 2am, so any sunrise/sunset calculations made at midnight (if this is how the controller works) will be off by an hour that day. Not trying to excuse this behavior, just pointing out one possibility. I'm also in the camp of "this has been going on for years, why can't the controller take it into account?".
  20. Here are the nodes that show up when the device is added:
  21. Yes it pairs no problem. I have hardwired and interconnected First Alert smoke and CO detectors in my house, and the ZEN55 outputs signals for both types of alarm.
  22. Yes I have one, it works very well. Any specific questions?
  23. I've got three switches acting as a 4-way switch, linked in a scene using basic association 2. I'm noticing some strange responses in the event viewer when using Polisy to turn the scene on or off. When I turn the scene off, what I'm seeing below is that three Turn Off commands go out to the switches (first three lines transmit, next three lines transmit done), then two of the switches respond with a D2D EVENT status=0 (switches turning off) and then the second switch also responds with D2D-CMP responses. The third switch never responds, which is what led me to look at the logs (probably a different issue). I'm wondering why the responses differ, these three switches are all the same Zooz Zen71 On/Off switches and are all running the latest 3.70 firmware. I have also confirmed their configuration parameters match, with the only non-default parameter being parameter 7 set to 1. Wed 02/11/2026 10:31:55 AM : [ZW-TX-A 00017 33.0 ] [ZY033_1] Binary Switch Set val=0 duration=255 Wed 02/11/2026 10:31:55 AM : [ZW-TX-A 00018 34.0 ] [ZY034_1] Binary Switch Set val=0 duration=255 Wed 02/11/2026 10:31:55 AM : [ZW-TX-A 00019 19.0 ] [ZY019_1] Binary Switch Set val=0 duration=255 Wed 02/11/2026 10:31:55 AM : [ZW-DONE 00017 33.0 ] [ZY033_1] Binary Switch Set val=0 duration=255 Wed 02/11/2026 10:31:55 AM : [ZW-DONE 00018 34.0 ] [ZY034_1] Binary Switch Set val=0 duration=255 Wed 02/11/2026 10:31:55 AM : [ZW-DONE 00019 19.0 ] [ZY019_1] Binary Switch Set val=0 duration=255 Wed 02/11/2026 10:31:55 AM : [D2D EVENT ] Event [ZY019_1] [ST] [0] uom=78 prec=0 Wed 02/11/2026 10:31:55 AM : [ZY019_1 ] ST 0 (uom=78 prec=0) Wed 02/11/2026 10:31:55 AM : [D2D EVENT ] Event [ZY033_1] [ST] [0] uom=78 prec=0 Wed 02/11/2026 10:31:55 AM : [ZY033_1 ] ST 0 (uom=78 prec=0) Wed 02/11/2026 10:31:55 AM : [D2D-CMP 0030] STS [ZY033_1] ST op=1 Event(val=0 uom=78 prec=0) is Condition(val=100 uom=78 prec=0) --> false Wed 02/11/2026 10:31:55 AM : [D2D-CMP 0006] STS [ZY033_1] ST op=1 Event(val=0 uom=78 prec=0) is Condition(val=100 uom=78 prec=0) --> false
  24. I know IOS 6 came out a month or two ago and was waiting for others to be the guinea pigs before upgrading, but since then haven't heard much about it. I'm running Polisy 5.9.1 and am wondering if it's worth it (and safe) to upgrade to 6.0?
  25. Thanks, that really worked! I first chose the overall Heal Z-Wave Network option and watched it work through the event viewer. Looks like it did a thorough job of stepping through each device, building a connection list, and then deleting the old device neighbor lists and rewriting them, via several iterations. I did see there were some devices that were not reachable on the first iteration or two, but those got better with further attempts. I do think there were a couple of devices that showed as "not awake" even though they are standard Zooz hardwired light switches (and which otherwise work normally). Later I found that each device has a Heal Z-Wave Network option so tried those on individual devices (namely the ones above that didn't get updated with the system-wide procedure), but strangely it looks like the Neighbor list was appended rather than replaced. In other words, those devices used to show Neighbors that I think are incorrect (i.e. neighbors that are very far away from the device). After the Heal procedure, those incorrect neighbors still exist, but there are new entries in the table with (correct-looking) neighbors too. The total number of entries in the table grew. I'm wondering if those old, incorrect entries could cause problems by asking the device to talk with neighbors who are too far away? @Michel Kohanim can you confirm details about how the Heal Z-Wave Network process works differently on a per-device bases vs. the overall network?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.