1 hour ago1 hr I've recently had two lockups of the same eisy since updating to 14.4-RELEASE-p6. The lockups were roughly 48 hours apart. In each case, the console showed a controller timeout and register dump together with an indication of an unrecoverable I/O failure in the ZFS pool. See below:After reboot, I ran a zpool status, which reported no errors. It's now been about 36 hours since the last lock up, and I noted the following in eisy-ui:Is there possibly a memory leak in IoX 6.1.2_7? What do you suggest? Edited 1 hour ago1 hr by automatewhatican fix typos; improve precision
1 hour ago1 hr Do a power cycle, that should clear things upLet me know if the memory usage went down
1 hour ago1 hr FYI I'm running 14.3-RELEASE-p5 on a Polisy and also have very high memory usage (96% 3.8 GB / 4.0 GB)Was wondering the same about a leak.
46 minutes ago46 min Author 23 minutes ago, Techman said:Do a power cycle, that should clear things upLet me know if the memory usage went downDone. As expected, down to 24% (1.8 GB / 7.7 GB). I guess we'll have to see if it creeps back up over the next 36 hrs.
25 minutes ago25 min The "high memory usage" is a bit of a myth. What's happening is that eisy-ui is only looking at the "Free" (ie: never used) memory. Unix is a memory paging system and uses disk caching (buffers) for speed, so it will use almost all available memory for caching if it's not needed for actual tasks. So memory useage will always appear high. This is my eisy below. Look at the "Mem:" line: the 6828K "Laundry" usage is caching, buffers that ultimately get written out. The memory actually available is usually considered to be "Free" + "Inact"(ive). The screen below that is the "About" screen, reflecting only the 345M as being free.
Create an account or sign in to comment