Lifx doesn't stay connected

Hi,

I have some LIFX Color 1000 since 6 years and since I changed of internet provider few months ago, it doesn't stay connected anymore.

Yet I use my own WIFI router, TP-Link EAP245 which was working well so far and I tried numerous WIFI settings without any success.

They stay connected about 5 minutes only.

They all start to dysfunction at the same time, so I don't think it's due to the bulbs.

I also tried to use them in another home and then it start to work perfectly again and don't disconnect.

So there is definitely something wrong in my home.

Did you already face the same issue ?

Or do you have any idea of the issue ?

Thanks in advance,

Arnaud

Edited by Arnaud42
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I personally have only one wifi router, which broadcast in 2.4 and 5GHz.

My computer detect 3 other wifi networks around, with pretty weak signals.

I change my wifi in 5GHz to a different SSID than 2.4GHz, to be sure.

I tried both 20MHz and 40Mhz channel width and tried almost all channels without any success (13 in total)

There is also a transmitter power I let to high.

6 minutes ago, Arnaud42 said:

Hello, I personally have only one wifi router, which broadcast in 2.4 and 5GHz.

My computer detect 3 other wifi networks around, with pretty weak signals.

I change my wifi in 5GHz to a different SSID than 2.4GHz, to be sure.

I tried both 20MHz and 40Mhz channel width and tried almost all channels without any success (13 in total)

There is also a transmitter power I let to high.

Try turning your output powers to about 25% and check again. Some of these router's antennae cannot handle that much power without distorting the waveforms IMHO, and work much better with less power output.

Alternatively, try turning down just the 5GHz strength and leave the 2.4GHz turned up.

@Arnaud42 The fact that your bulbs lose connection when the WiFi 5GHz N/AC bands are down doesn't make sense. LifX only uses the 2.4 GHz B/G/N bands at 20 MHz. I'm wondering if there is a H/W problem with the new router.

LifX Wi-Fi Settings Supported

1. WiFi channels supported 1 through 11. WiFi channels 12, 13, and 14 are not supported.
  2. UDP and TCP port 56700 should not be blocked. You may need to contact your ISP about allowing access to this port.
  3. WPA/WPA2 or OPEN only. No support for WEP or WPS.
  4. 2.4Ghz channel should be set to 20Mhz bandwidth
  5. 2.4Ghz band b/g/n, 5Ghz not supported.

I use many MagicHome WiFi RGBCW bulbs. When I changed routers (ASUS) , despite all he same SSID name, password and security protocol (WPA/WPA2), all the bulbs needed to be reconnected with the new router.

IMHO, there has to be some other security detail that is never discussed inside the WiFi protocol.

When I changed the router back (Netgear) later the same thing occurred.

In short: maybe try factory resetting each bulb and reconnecting it to the new router.