Error when trying "Backup IOX"

Hi,

I periodically backup my EISY using the 'file' - then 'backup iox'.  It hasnt been an issue in the past but for some reason now it is.

The error is:  Could not retrieve file ./FILES/CONF/27EC8F.REC.  Then the backup fails.  I rebooted the EISY but it is still having the same error.

My Firmware is 5.8.0

UI is:  5.8.0

Any ideas what to try to backup my data?

Thanks,

Rich

Eisy.JPG

I had a related kind of problem a few years back. Its a problem with the Insteon device with the address 27EC8F

First, see if the device is working, configured properly, look at the options. Is it an iolinc? My similar issue was with an iolinc. Here is the thread

Hi - Thank you for helping me.

It is a Insteon Motion sensor - 2842-222 v.41

Interestingly enough - it is currently sitting in a dark room and the dusk/dawn sensor isnt showing anything.  Would a dead battery in a motion sensor cause the issue?

On 6/12/2024 at 4:24 PM, RichTJ99 said:

The error is:  Could not retrieve file ./FILES/CONF/27EC8F.REC.  Then the backup fails.

Sometimes this is a corrupt file and causes the backup to fail. 

I would suggest opening a ticket with UD to get support as to how to fix this. If you're comfortable with SSH commands it might be simple, but don't want to send you down that path without UD Support giving you the information of what to look at and what to alter.

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets