LL Dual Band vs 2443p Access Point

paulw

• 2 months later...

I think how its looked at is if you already have Access points it may be better to just go with normal Lamplincs because too many wireless points can be an issue. But I also need to do research on this topic too because I need to by some Lamplincs soon for the kids bedroom night stand lights.

Mark,

I had talked to SH, they claim that everything is equal with them. I did buy one as I only have two AP in our home.

I live in what seems like a cave. Large ranch, with all the walls, including inside walls being block plaster, outside walls brick, insulation, and block. I get less than 50% of whatever range is given for any product.

Nice to AC and heat, but does not play well with low power rf stuff.

I can't say about the Dual Band LampLincs but I did a test with my 2413S Dual Band PLM and it does not receive as well as my old rev 1.0 Access Points.

Before installing it with my ISY99i. I exchanged one of my Access Points with the 2413S. It failed the LED communications tests in either of my Access Points locations.

It also was worse with my two RemoteLincs distance wise.

Brian,

Yeah I decided to just leave the two existing Accesspoints in their current location (one in the back and the other out in the front of the house) when I added my new Dual Band PLM because they cover the house well with my Remotelinc. This also worked out well because in my media panel I did not have INSTEON wireless in that location and I think having the PLM broadcast on the wire and wirelessly will help with reliability.

The weirdest thing is in a friends house where I have done a setup for him we don't have two wireless locations yet and so no phase bridge in affect and the setup works really well so I am confused wither or not phase bridging is totally necessary.

Thanks,

Archived