How to insert {New Line} characters into email sent the eisy?

Go to solution Solved by Techman,

I've recently switched to the eisy from the isy993 and have noticed that the email messages sent by the eisy are not formatted the same as my emails from the isy.

I have several Insteon water sensors and open/close sensors and, if any of them have not sent a heartbeat in the last day, I send out a daily email reminder showing me which ones are not working.

The contents of the email Customization page is shown below.   The isy produced a nicely formatted message, one sensor per line.  However the eisy puts everything on one line and is virtually unreadable.  Sample daily messages are shown below.

I tried to force <new line> insertion adding {nl} or ${nl} to the end of each line.  That didn't work, but I'm totally guessing here! 

Can anyone tell me how to insert a new-line into an email output message?  Is there a complete list of pseudo-ops somewhere?

Or maybe UDI can fix things so that the eisy more closely mimics the isy?

NOTE: I don't know if this makes any difference, but I used a Google server to send my old isy notifications.  However, using the exact same values didn't work on the eisy.  So I used the "Default" settings. (UDI server.)  They worked first time so I never pursued the matter of getting my Google email server working.

Regards,

Frank

Screenshot(44).thumb.png.b2e7edc85f280e6d709852d0755f8878.png

Appearance of old daily email from isy993:

2024/01/05 12:59:00 Heartbeat for a Wireless Sensor not received when expected. Check sensor / battery.

Time since last heartbeat received:

1 Sump Pump ................. 0 days
2 Main Valve ................... 0 days
3 Furnace Room ............. 0 days
4 Kitchen Sink ................. 0 days
5 Condensate Pump ....... 0 days
6 Fridge .......................... 20 days
6 Raccoon Trap .............. 0 days

New daily email from eisy:

2024/06/20 12:59:00  Heartbeat for a Wireless Sensor not received when expected. Check sensor / battery.  Time since last heartbeat received:  1 Sump Pump ................. 0 days{nl} 2 Main Valve ................... 0 days ${nl} 3 Furnace Room ............. 0 days 4 Kitchen Sink ................. 0 days 5 Condensate Pump ....... 0 days 6 Fridge .......................... 9 days 6 Raccoon Trap .............. 0 days   

By the way, the failed "Fridge" sensor is, I believe, an Insteon issue.  It is a new Rev 3.0 device and I can't get it to send heartbeat messages.  I have a second new, Rev 3.0 device that does exactly the same thing.  All my older devices have worked fine for years.  I will eventually get around to contacting Insteon about this.