UD Mobile issues

Techman
Go to solution Solved by Javi,

Just updated UD Mobile for Android with the latest release

Synchronize fails with error message "Could not get node object. Too many rows in cursor2398"

The app now opens in the device tree rather than the previous home page.

There's a graphic at the top of a window that I dont want.

The home button opens to a blank page

The automation button opens the previous version home page, plus a graphic at the top, the previous home page icons in the middle and examples at the bottom.

I much prefer the previous versions layout which worked well except for a small issue with the favorites moving around when they weren't suppose to.

Edited by Techman
  • Solution
12 hours ago, Techman said:

Just updated UD Mobile for Android with the latest release

Synchronize fails with error message "Could not get node object. Too many rows in cursor2398"

Sync has not been changed in some time so I'm not sure what would cause this error.  Please open a ticket and include UUID and we can run a remote diagnostic.  Also include a zipped copy of the UDM backup file so I can investigate the blank page when pressing the home button.

The app now opens in the device tree rather than the previous home page.

The app now automatically shows the last selected  (if you have multiple controllers) Controller's Devices and Scenes Folder.  There is nothing else to show here as  programs/vars/etc are now in the automations tab.  If using multiple controllers they can now be switched via dropdown instead of backing out to the list of controllers.

There's a graphic at the top of a window that I dont want.

The Controller's icon can be changed in the Controller Settings click the menu next to the controller name.  Users can also add their own image via the URL option.

The home button opens to a blank page

This should show a list of controllers, please include a zipped copy of the UDM backup in your ticket

The automation button opens the previous version home page, plus a graphic at the top, the previous home page icons in the middle and examples at the bottom.

Programs, Variables, and network resources are now in the Automations Tab.  Feedback from users showed most usually open Devices and Scenes if not using Favorites, so this removes a few button clicks.

I much prefer the previous versions layout which worked well except for a small issue with the favorites moving around when they weren't suippose to.

Aside from moving some Home tab items to the Automations Tab, most of the changes are settings moved into menus or dropdowns