ISY Launcher Not Displaying Properly

Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

My typical setup at home is with a laptop and two additional monitors. When I attempt to use the ISY Launcher (as usual) but didn't have the two additional monitors connected the app would run but not display on the laptop monitor. Every other app works fine. Any ideas?!?

• Solution

@TVC15 take a look at this part of the wiki

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/Main_Page#Admin_Console_Minimized/Invisible_and_Cannot_be_Restored

Sounds like you might force admin console onto one of the external monitors. It’s trying to put it there and not “smart” enough to force back to the single screen. If you delete the .state files it should come back. 

If deleting these files doesn’t help clear Java cache (checking all 3 boxes in the process) then download and run a new IoX Launcher (start.jnlp) from the UD site (found by clicking on “My ISY” at the top of the page.  

13 hours ago, Geddy said:

@TVC15 take a look at this part of the wiki

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/Main_Page#Admin_Console_Minimized/Invisible_and_Cannot_be_Restored

Sounds like you might force admin console onto one of the external monitors. It’s trying to put it there and not “smart” enough to force back to the single screen. If you delete the .state files it should come back. 

If deleting these files doesn’t help clear Java cache (checking all 3 boxes in the process) then download and run a new IoX Launcher (start.jnlp) from the UD site (found by clicking on “My ISY” at the top of the page.  

This worked, thank you!!! Sounds like this should be fixed by UD? Why not have the program delete these files upon opening or closing the app. I'm not a programmer, so maybe this wouldn't make sense!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DennisC said:

In addition, you will need to delete the state files after you open the admin console when using just the laptop to get the admin console back to your designated primary display when you reconnect to the external monitors.

Thanks, DennisC! Will keep it in mind if issues continue. Everything is working after deleting the state files.