IOS UD Mobile 1.168 - Display Bug (or Feature)

Go to solution Solved by Javi,

Hi Javi, I installed the latest UDM and noticed upon launch of the app it defaults to Devices and Scenes.

Tapping the back arrow at the top takes me to a blank display, then tapping once more takes me to the Home display.

Similarly the Home button on the bottom takes me to a blank display from Devices and Scenes.  Repeated tapping of the Home button just displays a blank display for Home.  Then tapping the back arrow at the top takes me to the Home display.

Is there a setting to change back to the Home display on launch?

Could be just my setup as I had a weird problem with Geofencing (don't have one) when tapping the Devices and Scenes button.  You fixed it in a recent update.

Thanks!

Assuming this is iOS please upgrade to 1.1.70 as the last few versions had bugs related to the UI changes, including the blank screen.

Devices and scenes is now the default,  variables/programs/notifications/etc are now in the Automations Tab.

Thanks, I did update but 1.1.70 followed so I updated again.

Same behavior except under Automations I have the Home screen.

When I manage to get to the Home Screen and tap Network Resources I have Automations.

Everything else seems ok.

Thanks for the description

I replicated an issue on the Automations Tab when the Bottom Tab is clicked when already on the Automations Tab.

I could not replicate any issues on the Home Tab.  Are there issues on the Home Tab also?

I'm going to submit version 1.1.71 tonight with fixes, so hopefully live by tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

Thanks,

This is the current expected behavior, pressing Home Tab when on Home Tab will shows all controllers, in this case only one, clicking the controller should take the user back to devices and scenes. 

This will be changed in an upcoming build where the back button is removed when at root Devices and Scenes and if the home tab is pressed when already on the Home Tab it should go to root Devices and Scenes.  However, I will be out of the office for a few days and this change, along with others, has not yet been released to tester so It may be a couple of weeks before pushed to production.

The bug fixes mentioned above along with others reported today will be pushed to production tonight.

I have lots of information that I monitor in Variables, currently the only way to get to Variables is through the Automations button.

If you fix Automations how do I get to Variables? 

Sorry a little confused.

@Javi I got the 171 update.

So the default display on app launch is Device and Scenes.

The bottom Home tab brings up a mostly blank display like picture I sent earlier.  Controllers would be presented here if you have more than one. Tapping the picture on the new Home display takes you to Devices and Settings if you only have one controller.

Automations is now where the old Home display is located.

Correct?

When I select a folder, and device in that folder, pressing top left back arrow takes me back to the root Devices and Scenes. The expected behaviour would be to go back to the previous folder.

And it is not clear to click the picture of that house to go into devices. Took me a while to figure out also and I can see how people mistake it for a blank screen.

FWIW, I think the new interface is not good.  I'd eliminate the "home photo" that appears at the top of various screens, with partial transparency and black text overlaid on the dark photo.  Really bad and confusing for the user. It makes the UI look broken or like it is not rendering properly.

On 7/29/2024 at 4:11 PM, brians said:

When I select a folder, and device in that folder, pressing top left back arrow takes me back to the root Devices and Scenes. The expected behaviour would be to go back to the previous folder.

Fixed in next update

On 7/29/2024 at 4:11 PM, brians said:

And it is not clear to click the picture of that house to go into devices. Took me a while to figure out also and I can see how people mistake it for a blank screen.

Root will be the Devices and Scenes in a future update

On 7/30/2024 at 10:28 AM, maxnorth said:

FWIW, I think the new interface is not good.  I'd eliminate the "home photo" that appears at the top of various screens, with partial transparency and black text overlaid on the dark photo.  Really bad and confusing for the user. It makes the UI look broken or like it is not rendering properly.

Understood, will try to find an alternative.  Most of my development is done in dark mode with white text, so maybe a good idea to have the dark shading and white text for both light and dark modes.

• Like 1