Controller for sprinklers?

6 hours ago, Geddy said:

I seem to recall recent posts about this...might want to search the forums. However, you might find this news post (blog) from UD informative:

https://www.universal-devices.com/drip-drop-stop/

Or maybe this one:

https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/43491-sprinkler-controller-irrigation-2024/

I meant to post this in the Polisy section.  Could you move it there please?  And thanks for the recommendation. 

I would recommend Rachio + node server.  After setup, it's pretty much autonomous, but can be controlled via a program.  I let the Rachio water my yard automatically but manually control a single zone that refills the pool from the eISY.

1 hour ago, JTsao said:

I would recommend Rachio + node server.  After setup, it's pretty much autonomous, but can be controlled via a program.  I let the Rachio water my yard automatically but manually control a single zone that refills the pool from the eISY.

I'll check it out.  Thanks

16 hours ago, Techman said:

@Blackbird

Will the Rachio controller and its app work without cloud access and the node server, i.e. local wi-fi only?  I'm trying to stay away from devices that are cloud dependent. 

No it's cloud based - I have port 3001 forwarded to the eISY for the Rachio node server.  On the positive side, I don't have to develop complex watering algorithm code like I did with the Insteon sprinkler controller, and there's a convenient phone app to control/configure the sprinkler zones.